Hacking I am importing a New Japanese 3DS XL

ytsu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I be able to change the language and locale using a CFW on the import 3DS? I have been searching a little and couldn't find anything definitive other than I can play other regions games not about changing local o language settings.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can region change but on n3ds you won't have Eshop access though. With freeshop that's a small concession. You probably need a Japanese exploit game though. If it comes on 11.0/11.1 unless you have another Japanese o3ds/n3ds you're screwed (or if you're willing to hardmod which most people aren't for some reason)

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You can region change but on n3ds you won't have Eshop access though. With freeshop that's a small concession. You probably need a Japanese exploit game though. If it comes on 11.0/11.1 unless you have another Japanese o3ds/n3ds you're screwed (or if you're willing to hardmod which most people aren't for some reason)
You can reigon change o3ds without losing eshop

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What is the point of importment, giving that with Luma you can play other region gameware?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can reigon change o3ds without losing eshop
This is why I specifically mentioned n3ds. N3ds losing eshop access with region changing.
You're screwed if it comes with firmware 11.0/11.1.
Not entirely, as I mentioned above. With another (hacked) Japanese console or a hardmod he can still mod it.
What is the point of importment, giving that with Luma you can play other region gameware?
I don't know if you know but I know that Japanese consoles look way cooler than European / American ones (except the galaxy one). I'd gladly pay €300+ for a Pikachu N3DS XL or the Zelda N3DS XL one. Japanese 3dses are just way cooler.

ytsu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're screwed if it comes with firmware 11.0/11.1.

Oh ok, thanks for the help

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imported a Japanese n3ds because I didn't want the XL model (back when the smaller one wasn't available in the US). Region change was the only way I could find to switch to English, but it went smoothly (I did lose all eshop access as people have mentioned)

When I switched over to A9LH I followed the Plailect guide everyone recommends and I only ran into one issue. In the region changing section of the guide he says to install the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer image appropriate to your device. You actually want to install the one for your target region. I think the guide has been updated to correct that now.

Last edited by Zaide,

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have new 3ds LL imported from Japan, and to play games in english I use luma local changer(it was on gbatemp somewhere) , but all 3ds interfaces still in Japanese. And eShop only Japan one)

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The region of importment is because its an awesome looking n3ds its the new "New Nintendo 3DS LL [Pikachu Edition] (Yellow)"
Indeed. Yellow really is the color. What fun is walking around with something that looks like a squashed banana in my hands. Overpriced too. Why not save some money and send some part my way and some part being used in a case? They might have crayons of electrical mammals in them, if you do so wish.

I don't know if you know but I know that Japanese consoles look way cooler than European / American ones (except the galaxy one). I'd gladly pay €300+ for a Pikachu N3DS XL or the Zelda N3DS XL one. Japanese 3dses are just way cooler.
So, they offer refreshment? How odd. I am curious about the fantastic technology used. Might be the color, mayhaps? Ice cubes hidden in the circuitry? Or is it the depiction of a hamster that gives such wondrous result?

Mysteries abound...

Just having fun, y'all. :)

ytsu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I specifically mentioned n3ds. N3ds losing eshop access with region changing.

Not entirely, as I mentioned above. With another (hacked) Japanese console or a hardmod he can still mod it.

What are the hard mods if you dont mind linking one?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, they can no longer downgrade with another hacked Japanese system, as either game needed to downgrade was removed from the eShop. So, if it comes with 11.0+, their only option is a hardmod.

ytsu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. Yellow really is the color. What fun is walking around with something that looks like a squashed banana in my hands. Overpriced too. Why not save some money and send some part my way and some part being used in a case? They might have crayons of electrical mammals in them, if you do so wish.

So, they offer refreshment? How odd. I am curious about the fantastic technology used. Might be the color, mayhaps? Ice cubes hidden in the circuitry? Or is it the depiction of a hamster that gives such wondrous result?

Mysteries abound...

Just having fun, y'all. :)

Over priced? its $200 its not expensive at all same as the ones in america and europe.

edit: sorry posted wrong link here it is $200 and only a few bucks for shipping Click here

Last edited by ytsu12,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's a waste for a person buying a foreign 3DS but don't want that foreign region.
You had better sell it to who in need, then buy a cheaper local region 3DS.

Reactions: wsquan171

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Actually, they can no longer downgrade with another hacked Japanese system, as either game needed to downgrade was removed from the eShop. So, if it comes with 11.0+, their only option is a hardmod.

Yup, there's no longer a DSiWare exploit game in the Japanese e-shop. So the only way to go is hard mod.

One idea is get a damaged N3DS but with a working motherboard of your region and swap it out with the Pikachu case. You'll have a special Europe region Pikachu N3Ds. Probably the only one in the whole world.

ytsu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, there's no longer a DSiWare exploit game in the Japanese e-shop. So the only way to go is hard mod.

One idea is get a damaged N3DS but with a working motherboard of your region and swap it out with the Pikachu case. You'll have a special Europe region Pikachu N3Ds. Probably the only one in the whole world.

Hmm ok, that sucks that is one of the only options along with hardmod, welp I guess I have a use for my n3ds xl with a broken screen now, I am pretty sure the mothboard is intact so woop.

Tyrant82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can feel ya, i want to order myself a jpn new 3ds xl famicom one and swap the mainboard with one of my eur a9lh ones just to have a eur famicom new 3ds xl model....

ytsu12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can feel ya, i want to order myself a jpn new 3ds xl famicom one and swap the mainboard with one of my eur a9lh ones just to have a eur famicom new 3ds xl model....
Yeah I like the famicon one as well, but yellows and blues are my favorite color, and the pikachu one seems so epic.

Reactions: Tyrant82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)