Gaming I am going to choke him

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, I need some help. I let my friend use my PSP, and he wanted to try and install some custom theme on it. Problem is, it won't turn on now.

Here's exactly what he did

"Deleted vsh and font folders, replaced them with new vsh and font folders."

Now the PSP's screen won't turn on. The orange charging light will turn on, and the green light will turn on, but the screen will not, and after a few seconds, the green light will turn off. I'm not able to do anything. I tried booting into that recovery mode, but it won't go - it'll start, the light will turn green, but then it will turn off. At first I thought the PSP was just dead - it was low on a battery, but shouldn't it work even if it's plugged in? Am I screwed here?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
OK guys, I need some help. I let my friend use my PSP, and he wanted to try and install some custom theme on it. Problem is, it won't turn on now.

Here's exactly what he did

"Deleted vsh and font folders, replaced them with new vsh and font folders."

Now the PSP's screen won't turn on. The orange charging light will turn on, and the green light will turn on, but the screen will not. I'm not able to do anything. I tried booting into that recovery mode, but it won't go. At first I thought the PSP was just dead - it was low on a battery, but shouldn't it work even if it's plugged in? Am I screwed here?

Sounds like a brick. Reflash it with a MMS, and a Pandora battery, and you'll be fine.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you can make a pandora, but in my opioion for you it'll probably be easier to buy one but for the magic memory stick you can make one of those with a stick smaller than 4gb if im not mistaken. it really isn't hard....i unbricked my psp and it was like clock work

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly...when you hold down the right shoulder button and then turn the PSP on (from a full power off) do you get to the recovery menu? If nothing pops up you need to get access to a Pandora...make your friend buy you one from Amazon.

Your friend is a moron by the way, flash0 themes are rarely used these days as most people use CXMB and themes from the MS.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Firstly...when you hold down the right shoulder button and then turn the PSP on (from a full power off) do you get to the recovery menu? If nothing pops up you need to get access to a Pandora...make your friend buy you one from Amazon.

Your friend is a moron by the way, flash0 themes are rarely used these days as most people use CXMB and themes from the MS.

No, nothing comes up. The light flashes, and then it goes off. And I doubt he'll buy one ; ;, so I'm stuck with making one I guess. I was just going to do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgf1IqZGgo...feature=related

As I really don't want to wait for one to ship to my house. Though, I'll still need a Magic Memory stick, right? Is there any way to get my save files off of the memory stick before I make it, and will I be able to use it as a memory stick afterwards?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
It's a Phat.

^ How would I do that? I'm sorry, I'm really new to this. Would I have to go out and buy one?

A MMS you can make by downloading a MMS program on a computer then running it to install the right files on your memory stick, and there are three ways to make a Pandora battery.

1. Buy one.
2. If you have another CFW PSP lying around it can make one.
3. Hard Modding your PSP's battery Tutorial

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally with the extreme lack of genuine batteries around, and the cheap price of a Pandora, battery mutilation isn't the finest plan.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
xist said:

No, nothing comes up. The light flashes, and then it goes off. And I doubt he'll buy one ; ;, so I'm stuck with making one I guess. I was just going to do this:

As I really don't want to wait for one to ship to my house. Though, I'll still need a Magic Memory stick, right? Is there any way to get my save files off of the memory stick before I make it, and will I be able to use it as a memory stick afterwards?

Don't let him slip out on this, he fucked up your PSP, it's his responsibility to replace it, or get the items needed to fix it. He should be happy you're not asking for a new PSP, and just a Pandora. Don't let him weasel out of this, he shouldn't have tried to do ANYTHING to YOUR psp.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rydian

Not one of these pro duo ones, no. My friend's little brother has an unmodded psp, though. I'm sure I can take the save files off of the stick, right? I just want to know if I can make the stick into a regular memory stick after making it into a magic memory one. I really don't want to wait for the pandora battery to ship, so I'll just convert my battery.

@xist
- It's an original Sony battery. It has their logo, brand, etc. It's the same exact one used in that video I posted.

@geminisama - xD, it's quite alright. I've messed up a few of his things before (including his Wii and PS2), so I'll call this even. As long as it can be reversed some how, I won't fret too much.

If anything, I'll have him buy me an extra battery or a pandora one later. But I'm leaving later tonight, so I really want to fix this now.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Windaga said:
xist said:

Don't let him slip out on this, he fucked up your PSP, it's his responsibility to replace it, or get the items needed to fix it. He should be happy you're not asking for a new PSP, and just a Pandora. Don't let him weasel out of this, he shouldn't have tried to do ANYTHING to YOUR psp.

He does have a point...I'd make him pay/help for anything that I'd need

edit
nevermind i saw your post

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually meant the odds of you getting another decent battery are slim these days as they're so rare. Just take a bit of time and buy the Jigkick...

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks Rydian ^ ^.

@xist
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the time. Can the battery still be used as a regular battery after making it into a Pandora one? Or will it just be unusable afterwards? I was thinking of buying one of those MEGA battery packs - the ones that have extended battery life for normal use anyway, but that's not immediate. As for being an original Sony battery - I don't really care if it's genuine or not, unless a genuine one is needed. Like I said, I'll be getting a larger battery pack sooner or later anyway.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw, can you link us to the guide that he was following when he idiotically bricked your PSP by deleting vital files?

Oh and your friend is a moron (just in case you'd forgotten in the interim
wink.gif
)

Yes it can be used as a regular battery, but you'll have to use a special format on the stick each time you wipe it to inject a specific initial program loader (IPL)

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rydian - Well, as long as it can be used as a regular battery, I won't mind leaving it a Pandora one.

@Xist
- I'm not sure what those are. All I really want to do with the PSP is play games. I'm not sure why he was trying to install a new theme, but I was fine with the old one :/. It was running the latest Promethus, so I assume I'll have to install that stuff again? I bought the PSP hacked like this, so I'll look up a tutorial on how to do that.

Edit
- I don't think he was using a tutorial. I'm pretty sure he just found a PSP theme, noticed the similar files, and dragged and dropped them. Not too sure, but it's something he would do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.