I am filing a legal suit against every game maker

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTTOM LINE IS:

I dont care what color who is! If the story takes place in Germany, then lets kill the German zombies!!! If it takes place in Mexico, lets kill the Mexican zombies!!! If it takes place in Africa, lets kill African zombies!! It just so happens that Germans live in Germany, Mexicans in Mexico and Africans in Africa!!!

Who is with me?
grog.gif

Kiok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Oh dear you people are so ignorant. It amazing you only care about the Game and not other peoples feelings or thoughts.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just so happens that Germans live in Germany, Mexicans in Mexico and Africans in Africa!!!

Right... and Jews live in Israel.

Let’s make them the zombies and cast the hero as a Palestinian.

Ooo wait, wait. I got an even better one:

RESIDENT EVIL 5

A Zombifying virus has just been unleashed on downtown Manhattan. Chaos ensues, office workers come from behind there cubicles and face the sun, all in the name of flesh. BUT WAIT, look yonder to the east. It’s Muhammad Aarif !!! Muslim fundamentalist and renowned Zombie killer.

"I Have a job to do."

Cut to a grusome scene: The koofi clad Aarif using a shotgun to repel the swarms of American business men and women...

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it amusing that people create lawsuits over video games.
Nobody is MAKING anybody play these games - so if you've got a problem with the game, don't fucking play it.
I'm sure that a lot of us live in countries where we have freedom of speech & expression - we shouldn't have to constantly worry about what we're creating, in hopes that people won't be offended.
The way I look at it, if people are being offended, one of two things (or both) is happening.

1) The creator/artist/whatever is doing their job. Evoking feelings in people through their expressions & creations is something that some people can only hope to accomplish.

2) The person whom is "offended" is looking for something TO offend them.

Plain & Simple: Stop looking for things to make money off of, people. This is fucking ridiculous.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, it's bad if the following is in a video game?:

*A black guy is given a gun. This further adds to the stereotype of black people.
*A black guy is shot. This is racism.
*A black guy shoots someone, that's another stereotype.
*A black guy is not included in the game. This is racism for not including a black character.

So, here is what we need to have in the game then:
Walk up to black guy on street and talk to him. He will respond, "Hi, I'm a normal African-American male. Even though I may not descend from Africa, African-American is the appropriate term to use. I contribute to society in a positive way and contrary to popular belief, I don't enjoy chicken anymore then anyone else. Also, violence is bad and I don't own a gun. Thank you for talking with me."

Is that the only thing that won't make someone scream?

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, it's bad if the following is in a video game?:

*A black guy is given a gun. This further adds to the stereotype of black people.
*A black guy is shot. This is racism.
*A black guy shoots someone, that's another stereotype.
*A black guy is not included in the game. This is racism for not including a black character.

Walk up to black guy on street and talk to him. He will respond, "Hi, I'm a normal African-American male. Even though I may not descend from Africa, African-American is the appropriate term to use. I contribute to society in a positive way and contrary to popular belief, I don't enjoy chicken anymore then anyone else. Also, violence is bad and I don't own a gun. Thank you for talking with me."

He should also be drinking a glass of Sunny D... and by no means, can he be discussing how he prefers Purple Drink to Grape.
rofl2.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ugh

the most annoying thing about this news story, as you'd expect is the fact it is a news story.
Perhaps I'm conditioned different compared to someone in a country where racism has a stronger presence, but what I find most annoying is this wave of "defense racism"

as in, speaking on behalf of a race about something that they should find offensive.

You know, I doubt a single gamer will be offended by this, infact, probably proud that the stereotypical taboo that runs strong in the mainstream media and society doesn't make one wave in this industry.
Anyone can be a fuckin zombie, and if it's in a country where most of the population is black, it would be racist if most of the zombies were not infact black.

You know, I'm hoping in the game, there is plenty of dialog about how the characters need to handle this situation, and that they have to be very careful if the rest of the world finds out they've been killing black zombies

I don't think for a second capcom has any racist motivations behind this game, but the sad fact is that plenty of purchases will, and all protesting will.

jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a zombie dog and I am simply offended by this whole thread.

Me and PETA are going to sue you all (and Milla Jovovich too, that trollop!).

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
I think i'm defunct. All I see is human race... so how can a human be racist againtst other human ?

I blame genetics.

QUOTE said:
I see how some people would consider it racist... but say this was taking place in germany? Would people complain cause were killing a bunch of germans?

No, because no German would be playing the game since as I recall it, Germany banned Tetris because two block could form something that looks like a crude hammer, which as you know can be used to hurt people. All blocks had to be changed to spheres, and red-colored spheres had to be green or turned into "robots" (because otherwise it looks like the red sphere hurt itself and was bleeding)

Some of the shit people are saying boggles even my mind, and it was classified as a Supercomputer (back in 1954);

QUOTE said:
I'm a black guy.....and when I heard this story I cried with laughter. Some people take this slavery stuff a little too far.
wtf.gif

It just so happens that Germans live in Germany, Mexicans in Mexico and Africans in Africa!!!
Sure, and "Holocaust" and "Apartheid" are just foreign words that mean "Cheese".

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Protesters, it's a fucking video game. It is not real, there is no white guy running around Africa killing up all the African zombies that reside there.

You guys should shift your focus to problems that are occurring in real life at this very moment, not something that exsists in a fictional realm that only Capcom controls.

Also, please stop trying so hard to make connections between a video game that hasn't even been released yet and the transformation of our generation of gamers into mass murderers that purposely seek out the African American race. It makes you look incredibly stupid.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Aug 2 2007, 03:26 PM)]Protesters, it's a fucking video game. It is not real, there is no white guy running around Africa killing up all the African zombies that reside there.
and there are no black guys killing all the white zombies elsewhere
wub.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we all forgetting that the ones making this game are JAPANESE!!! Not WHITE NOR BLACK!
dry.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had a revelation. I don't want zombies out and about. They could try to eat our children. I don't care what race they are, I don't want zombies roaming free. The only reason the guy who is killing said zombies is white is because no black person has decided to help lower the zombie population yet. I'm sure said white guy would be glad for any and all assistance he could get in killing of said zombies.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, I'm hoping in the game, there is plenty of dialog about how the characters need to handle this situation, and that they have to be very careful if the rest of the world finds out they've been killing black zombies

This is the smartest thing that has been said all night. Video games teeter at an awkward place right now, they straddle the line between being a serious medium and brainless fun. If you are correct about RE5, then I don't think there's any race issue at all. What you propose is to view the game in a serious nature, with the same discerning eye we would use to watch a documentary or a well made movie. Here is where the problem arises however. If this game is not made in the manner you mentioned, then we are left with a brainless gun and run through Haiti. I’m just not comfortable with that. The concept of a White man shooting at black people/zombies, deserves at the very least, an in game acknowledgement.

Now, to clear a few things up, I am not advocating the lawsuit. I’m just saying I can see where the person is coming from. I also don’t see how anyone can interpret any thing I’ve said as “Defense Racism.” It is simply a justification of my opinion and a rebuttal to your own. Or is Defensive Racism code for something else?

Good point, here’s a proposition:

Put 20 games out tomorrow all starring black men (or women). All 20 leading men cab be whatever you choose as along as they vary. One game could have a black guy selling crack; maybe another could be a Sim game with a black guy in college. Fill in the other 18 slots with everything in between and beyond. That my friend is a spectrum, no one depiction stands as a solid stereotype, because right beside it on the shelf is a game that contradicts and opposes the stereotype.

Now let's come back to reality, only one game comes out with a black lead, maybe one per season. Suddenly, that one role becomes an issue of debate. The real problem isn’t that CJ from GTA: SA is a Gangsta. The real problem lies with him being one of our very few representatives.

I credit you all with being intelligent folks. So please prove me right, for a second get pass the inner voice that screams "OMG THE WORLD IS BECOMING TOO POLITICALLY CORRECT." Just put it away and think about this rationally:

In a world where children of color are constantly being subjected to negative stereotypes of their own people (Music, TV, Movies), why would I further condition them to hate themselves? Why would I put a controller in their hands and have them play the role of a white man shooting people of color?

I wouldn’t and I won’t.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people just like to be offended. chalk up another win to victimization. the reason there are so few black lead characters in video games has nothing to do with racism. it has to do with the race of video game creators. if black people want more games with more black leads, they should start getting degrees in computer graphics and video game design. i'm sure there's a market for such games; if not, the existence of such games would create a market for them. i agree that the black community needs more positive role models (hell, we all do!), but as long as whites/asians are making the games, we're going to have white/asian protagonists.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote whoever you like; it doesn't change the fact that there are a LOT of people in bad positions for a variety of reasons who would rather bemoan their luck than try to improve their life. ANYONE can improve their lot in life if they would only try. but then, it's so much easier to blame someone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs