Gaming I am anti-DS today. Try to persuade me otherwise.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate the Nintendo DS today. The games I want don't have translation projects at a high enough completion percentage, or they're not on the internet yet, and my 2GB Micro SD card isn't full enough. I don't like Nintendo today, and I hating playing games on a Nintendo DS. What I really think is that Nintendo should stop making DS games because we're not gonna see the good games on US shores anyway. I feel like putting my new Nintendo DS Lite in the garbage, and then shooting myself in the head for being so horrible to Nintendo. There also is no Diablo game for the DS, and the guy who started the homebrew Patapon DS game hasn't updated in months. There isn't a flash cart in the world where you can play all DS games without a slot-2, even the Nintendo DS Browser, and there isn't any Fringe DS Lite skins.

I'm anti-DS today. Will you try to persuade me otherwise with games that are (or are fan translated to be) in full English?
Seriously, if I get no replies i'm gonna go murder a box of kittens.

EDIT: On another note, giving me a full 100% translation of Nanashi no GAME in a week will probably work better than suggesting games that already fit what I want.

EDIT EDIT: Games that won't help:
Phantom Hourglass
Urbz
Rayman
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Warioware
Yoshi Touch and Go
Yoshi's Island DS
Spirit Tracks
Cooking Mama 1, 2, or 3
Big Bang Mini
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Strategy Games
Pokemon games
Science Papa
Kingdom Hearts
Flips!
Rhythm Heaven
Picross DS
Rittai Picross
Soma Bringer
Tetris DS
Daigasso! Band Brothers
The World Ends With You
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Squeak Squad
Phantasy Star Zero
RIZ-ZOAWD

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you (a) not play your DS, (b) at least make an attempt to learn runes so you can either play games or help translate (instead of demanding others to make translations) and  not give business advice to a company that is often referred to as 'printing money.'

Just saying, every system has games you won't like. The DS has a very large library of games, so there are proportionately more games that you don't like. And not bringing every game to every region is nothing new. In your list of games that won't help, you mention games from a broad spectrum of publishers and genres. Something tells me the problem may be with you and not the platform.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you forgot GTA CW.
biggrin.gif

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Bixbite said:
the problem may be with you and not the platform.

I've known this for a long time already.

There's more games I don't like than most people, because most of the games people call good I call "games that are so bad they shouldn't exist". Like this Final Fantasy Tactics game people like. It's GOD AWFUL. Bad storyline and the gameplay aspects are like an ass sammich. And Need For Speed. If I had the choice of that existing or the world blowing up, i'd choose for the world to blow up.

Now, i'm not a violent person, but if I don't find any good games for the DS i'm actually thinking of stabbing kittens to death and then drowning the mother cat and leaving one kitten to starve to death in the middle of the road.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW MOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!! BAW MOAR BAW MOAR BAW MOAR BAW MOAR!!!!
*insert heavy guitar riff*

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
basher11 said:
you forgot GTA CW.
biggrin.gif
Yeah I did. That game won't help my foul mood either. That game in particular makes me want to steal a car and shoot someone who works in the pentagon.

play harvest moon sunshine island. or maybe NSMB or mario kart ds or guitar hero ds.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
Inunah said:
basher11 said:
you forgot GTA CW.
biggrin.gif
Yeah I did. That game won't help my foul mood either. That game in particular makes me want to steal a car and shoot someone who works in the pentagon.

play harvest moon sunshine island. or maybe NSMB or mario kart ds or guitar hero ds.
Harvest Moon is an abomination and shouldn't exist. If you handed a copy of any Harvest Moon game to god he'd say "When the hell did I make this? It's worse than Satan!"

NSMB didn't catch my interest for more than ten minutes. Neither did Mario Kart...

And how the hell am I supposed to get Guitar Hero DS at 8PM at night? I can't even dl the game since I don't have the slot-2 thing!

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah, there is one game you can play(and probably already have) that will change your mind. Chrono Trigger.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Just go watch T.V. or something. There are millions of things you can do that don't involve your DS.
That, good sir, is not an option when in fact there isn't anything to do except DS.

I mean, I could go play on my consoles... Or read... Or watch TV... But I'm not in the mood for consoles (I would be if I had the fucking classic controller since my gamecube controller's start and x/y buttons are sticky, but noooooooo), i've read all my books six times, and nothing I want to watch is on the TV right now (and my TV has over 4k channels!)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I quite enjoyed some of the Harvest Moon titles....

I'm beginning to wonder is there any genre of game you like.
smile.gif

The DS just isn't for you it seems. Go sell it on ebay and use that money to purchase something you will enjoy more.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
I quite enjoyed some of the Harvest Moon titles....

I'm beginning to wonder is there any genre of game you like.
smile.gif

The DS just isn't for you it seems. Go sell it on ebay and use that money to purchase something you will enjoy more.
The only thing i'd enjoy more would be an english version of Nanashi no GAME, though. Or a high end laptop that would cost more than $2,000.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
basher11 said:
Inunah said:
basher11 said:
you forgot GTA CW.
biggrin.gif

Harvest Moon is an abomination and shouldn't exist. If you handed a copy of any Harvest Moon game to god he'd say "When the hell did I make this? It's worse than Satan!"

NSMB didn't catch my interest for more than ten minutes. Neither did Mario Kart...

And how the hell am I supposed to get Guitar Hero DS at 8PM at night? I can't even dl the game since I don't have the slot-2 thing!

There are cheats for every Guitar Hero game to let you play it with buttons instead of slot two, I just found out like last month.

But you'd probably just complain about the controls
wink.gif

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
Or go and do something non-games related...

If I did non-game related things, i'd eat because i'd get extremely bored. I'd get fat. Because when I'm bored I eat.
Which is why I need to do something game related right now.

Posts merged

Bixbite said:
Inunah said:
basher11 said:
Inunah said:
QUOTE(basher11 @ Jan 2 2010, 04:03 AM) you forgot GTA CW.
biggrin.gif

There are cheats for every Guitar Hero game to let you play it with buttons instead of slot two, I just found out like last month.

But you'd probably just complain about the controls
wink.gif
Yeah I probably would, if they're anything like the controls for Video Games Hero.. didn't like touch screen controls on that, nor did I like the....

Hey, wait a freakin second, how is there button control cheats for Guitar Hero DS?! I thought you had to hold the DS like a book and strum on the touch screen while you press the buttons on the slot-2 thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse