Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it's Friday, and at 11:30am I was shopping in a Target in Central Illinois and I happened to notice that they had no fewer than 3 Wiis in their display case. This is the first time I've ever seen them in stock anywhere at a brick and mortar retail outlet.

Is the Wii supply finally high enough to fit the current demand? What have been other people's experiences?

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it's Friday, and at 11:30am I was shopping in a Target in Central Illinois and I happened to notice that they had no fewer than 3 Wiis in their display case. This is the first time I've ever seen them in stock anywhere at a brick and mortar retail outlet.

Is the Wii supply finally high enough to fit the current demand? What have been other people's experiences?

Bolded Part: LOL. No.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii's are plentiful here in the UK I think. At least in my town. Gamestation have loads in stock and so do game.

Gamestation also have 3 preowned in the window..

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Metro-Detroit area.
I have never seen them in stock.
I have no idea how I got mine.
I had been saving for months and one day I came home and my parents had it sitting on the dining room table.
I think it fell off the back of a truck. They wont tell me where it came from.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has revealed that they will be ramping up production of both the DS and Wii. Previous Wii shipments were forecast at 14 million units for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008. Nintendo is now looking to pile 2 and a half million more units on top, bringing the estimate to 16.5 million. Software for the system has also received a push, as previous estimates put the figure around 55 million. This has been raised to 72 million.

Are you still having trouble finding a Wii? Are you hopeful that this surge will help you in your quest to find one?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From GBAtmw.net

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never knew that wii's were in such short demand until I needed to get a second one. I decided to get my first one, went to walmart, and picked one up.

A month later, I needed a second, and found everywhere was out. I made it routine to hit each major store once a day or so. One day in the afternoon, I noticed best buy had 3. I went there again at night before closing and they were all gone. A few days later when I just happened to be at walmart, I noticed they had 3. Went there the next day and they were gone. So b+m does get them, but they do move real quick. Best buy seems to still be a little "slow". When I got mine a few weeks ago, it was lu317. The last batch they got a few days ago was still 317. Note these are clipped legs, but pad3 isn't missing. Walmart was up to lu522 I believe, although it was hard to tell by looking through the glass.

edit: This info is for upstate ny by syracuse

noamkot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well... I've been to Melbourne in March, went into a EBgames and asked if they had Wiis in stock... The guy told me sure and took one out of the storeroom.
But I have to admit it was Melbourne, Victoria and not Melbourne, Florida...
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte