veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't owned a console since 1989.

But today I own a PS3.

No I ain't a PS3 fanboy, I couldn't give a shit what games are out for it. Not like I am planning to rush out and get any.

Bought it because I wanted a blueray drive and something that can send my computer files to my 40 inch Sony Bravia 1080P HD TV (again, I ain't a Sony fan, it was just the right TV at the time).

I suspect the son will want FF13 and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts though. Assuming I can pry him away from WoW.

The PS3 IS the better machine though. The X-Box 360 and it's fucking worthless hardware that can be relied on to malfunction is an idiots choice. I don't care if the games are great, I don't buy worthless machines.

The Wii is of course 'neat' but it doesn't do anything else other than offer 'neat'. And neat gets old eventually.

Soooo I own a console for the first time since 1989. Quite a change from playing 1942 to death and pissing off my then new bride of 3 years
smile.gif

Those girls smashing consoles on Youtube might be fake guys, but word of advice, girls respond harshly to being ignored.

My console will be spending most of it's time relaying fan sub anime and tv show downloads to my much nicer 'monitor' wannabe from my computer.
Fanservice on a 40inch HD TV should look plenty nice
smile.gif

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
I suspect the son will want FF13 and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts though. Assuming I can pry him away from WoW.

Kingdom Hearts isn't coming out for PS3, I think.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble digesting this... are you telling me you haven't played 20 years worth of classic-timeless-awe-inspiring console games? Ocarina of time? FF7? Wait, are you saying you've never even played the greatest system ever, SNES? I'm feeling a bit woozy, I need to step away from the computer.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
despite your claims you really do sound like a sony fanboy, "more power, who cares about the games". The 360 is by no means underpowered and the wii despite being the weakest of the three is still more powerful than the previous generation which everyone claimed had "perfect graphics"

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Panzer Tacticer said:
it's fucking worthless hardware that can be relied on to malfunction is an idiots choice. I don't care if the games are great, I don't buy worthless machines.
I'm glad someone feels the same as me. I'll start by saying I'm not a Sony or Nintendo fanboy either (I own Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony consoles) but the Xbox 360 is such a failure hardware-wise that it isn't worth buying at all. I'm not saying the games and everything else isn't good (although I still prefer the PS3 and Wii exclusives) but that doesn't even matter if the console can't even function normally.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Supersonicmonk said:
I assume he meant underpowered when he said worthless hardware, if he just meant unreliable then sorry but thats what I interpreted out of it
He meant the inevitable RROD
ph34r.gif

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found a way to fix the 360 hardware issues quite easily.

1. I mod the drive.
2. I pirate all the games I want.
3. The system eventually breaks down.
4. I use the money I've saved not buying games to buy a new 360

Repeat as necessary.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
it's fucking worthless hardware that can be relied on to malfunction is an idiots choice. I don't care if the games are great, I don't buy worthless machines.
I'm glad someone feels the same as me. I'll start by saying I'm not a Sony or Nintendo fanboy either (I own Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony consoles) but the Xbox 360 is such a failure hardware-wise that it isn't worth buying at all. I'm not saying the games and everything else isn't good (although I still prefer the PS3 and Wii exclusives) but that doesn't even matter if the console can't even function normally.

My friend has had one for quite a while and has had no problems whatsoever apart from not being able to find the HDMI socket but thats just him being special. I'm sure that it had lots of problems at the start but the only people who talk about the 360s reliability are the one's who have had problems with it (yes I know I just said it was reliable please don't say I contradicted myself, lets say I'm one of the exceptions). Anyway as long as your in the warranty period then just get a new one form Microsoft and enjoy a brand new free console hopefully without anymore problems, if you've had it longer then bad luck but it's not hideously overpriced and you've still had a fair bit of use out of it

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prophet said:

1. I mod the drive.

Repeat as necessary.
In the end Microsoft releases a new Xbox which can't be modded, at least in the beginning. Your 360 breaks down and you won't buy a new one. You just lost your console and all of your games (which aren't playable on the new system). You could as well have bought a PS3 with a lot of games.

That isn't really the point though. Some people don't want to buy a system that breaks down so fast. People want to buy a console that still works many years later. The Xbox 360 is not such a system.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
OK im going to run away from this topic, i'ts getting a bit heated and I really don't like conflict. I've done a good job of avoiding flamewars before so I think I'll just go. Bye

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Prophet said:

1. I mod the drive.

Repeat as necessary.

Most people don't save money for pirating games.
If people don't pirate they would have no games (like me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1