I accidently installed fbi.cia to my sysnand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by funnystory, Feb 8, 2016.

1. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    As in I wrote it into the actual nand chip. Is there anyway to uninstall the title from my nand? I see a white empty box pop up everytime I turn on my n3ds and its starting to bug me(imagine like a game icon that goes away).

2. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    I think you can use fbi to uninstall fbi itself?

3. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    you have to uninstall it using BBM/DevMenu. i'm not sure about FBI's titleID though.

4. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    It's installed to the nandchip. I have a fbi version on my sysnand that is saved on my sdcard but I installed this one to the nand chip by changing the destination(I fucked up).

5. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    having a cia manager in sysnand is actually a good thing...

6. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    if you REALLY want to get rid of it, you might be able to do so using the 3dsx version of it. As others have said though, it might not be a bad thing to have around, as this allows you to work your way out of a jam if ever needed (for example, to run sysupdater on your system nand).

7. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    You guys are misunderstanding. I have a usable version installed to sysnand but I installed an unusable version by changing the location to nand using fbi launcher. So there is an unusable version of the fbi app on my nandchip(on the actual chip not sd) it's unusable.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I had to use fbi and switch destination and then I had to switch mode to delete title,I found the title and I am good to go. Thanks guys!!

Arubaro likes this.
  8. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Could you try installing it again on sysnand sd and using it to delete the one on the nand...? I dont know if you will be able to "have two apps installed with the same id" also, I dont know in this case if you would be able to delete it with bbm or devmenu. Did you try to use the .3dsx version and see if you can find its id in uninstalling mode?

9. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I already deleted it.I had an FBI installed to my sysnand with SDcard as destination and I had an unusable version installed to NAND as destination. I switched the destination to NAND in fbi loader switched the mode to delete titles and I saw FBI written on my nand,deleted that useless version.

I fixed my problem and I still have fbi installed to my sysnand SD card so I can still launch it as FBI,I just uninstalled the broken version written on my actual nand chip.

Pikasack and Arubaro like this.