I accidentally website

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Ubuntuの刀, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Ubuntuの刀
    OP

Ubuntuの刀 :^D

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Ubuntu.cloudflash.net

I'm in the formatting stage of my website. Only content on there is a Lorem Ipsum. What could I add in terms of flashiness to my site so that it doesn't look boring?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I am not sure the colour scheme works, I have not got a properly calibrated monitor right now though (not that such a thing really matters as most do not).

As for making things look pretty that varies, some say moving items, some say pictures, some say nice borders around everything, some say gradients . Personally I find good content presented readably to be the main thing to do.

Does what looks like it will eventually be the nav menu really want to be on the right?

Other than that I really need some proper content to call proper changes. Code looks pretty clean though.

3. Ubuntuの刀
    OP

Ubuntuの刀 :^D

Apr 12, 2009
    United States

Thanks! I will change the colour scheme to something a little darker. I'll try to add content + JavaScript so that I can fully see what I want to do with it. And yes, the right side is the navigation bar. It will look much better than what I currently have there(it's in unordered list tags. why I did that, i don't know)

4. Bobbyloujo

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    United States
    Make it organized, readable, and consistent. Those are the most important things in my opinion.

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It's... way too bland. WAY too bland. Also, this is just plain bad, it's near unreadable:
    [​IMG]

RedCoreZero and EZ-Megaman like this.
  6. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Make all the text Comic Sans.