I accidentally used JKSM while I was online. Could that be a problem?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Ultimarok, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Ultimarok
    OP

Ultimarok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    United States
    United States
    I'm not sure if that puts me at a risk for a potential ban or not, I completely forgot that I was even online at the time when I used it. Normally I turn the wireless/internet connection off on 3DS when I use homebrew stuff.

If this is a stupid question, feel free to ignore and disregard it as I am not as informed on these things. Still a bit of a n00b in the homebrew/CFW world.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  3. Ultimarok
    OP

Ultimarok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    United States
    United States
    I have read that thread before and I think I even replied in it, but I am still wondering if what I did could be a problem or if it's something to not worry about?

Previously, I have followed the part of Plailect's guide that says:

"There have been reports of a wave of bans being handed out to CFW users by Nintendo. To protect yourself, please do the following steps before starting this guide:

Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
    Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
    Exit the System Settings
    Go to your Friend’s List (the Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
    If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend’s List setting is already disabled
    Go to the Friend’s List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
    Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
    Exit your Friend’s List"

I still think I should've been offline when I used it. I hope it wasn't a big deal, though.

Thanks for the response.