Homebrew I accidentally updated my emuNAND from RX-E 9.2.0-20U using System Update

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I accidentally updated my emuNAND from RX-E 9.2.0-20U using System Update, and now it obviously just boots up with a black screen.

What should I do now? I'm not really sure.

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hey everyone, I accidentally updated my emuNAND from RX-E 9.2.0-20U using System Update, and now it obviously just boots up with a black screen.

What should I do now? I'm not really sure.
Say goodbye to emuNAND and all your saves and move to A9LH town

Kloklopfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you just updated your EmuNAND then you are fine since you can still install something like a Luma CFW (Idk if rxtools even works on post 10.7). Or just do this
switch to a new custom firmware, rxTools has been outdated for some time.

I would suggest, though, that you start with https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd I have a old 3DS and 2DS updated Emunand with Sytem update im on latest system update but my main synand is 9.2 I have never had a issue and use a cold boot method into rxtools 3.0 on all my systems am I reading something wrong ...

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Curious that you use the word "obviously", since it obviously should work just fine. For some reason the update went wrong or there's something on the SD card that's not letting Emunand boot fine. Unless you use a dead-old rxTools that ight not be compatible with the latest version.

Nonetheless, switching to Luma3DS should be your priority now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think I'll just format my SD card and start from scratch using this guide, thanks mate.
Don't format your SD card!!!! During the guide you can flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND. You'll have everything that you had before. Assuming you don't lose any of your SD card files.
Even if you've already formatted your card, chances are your emuNAND is still intact as it is in a different partition. So still do the part where you flash emuNAND to sysNAND and you'll have your mii plaza progress, activity log etc.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Don't format your SD card!!!! During the guide you can flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND. You'll have everything that you had before. Assuming you don't lose any of your SD card files.
Even if you've already formatted your card, chances are your emuNAND is still intact as it is in a different partition. So still do the part where you flash emuNAND to sysNAND and you'll have your mii plaza progress, activity log etc.

He would have to follow the old guides for that, since flashing emunand is not part of P's guide anymore.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Curious that you use the word "obviously", since it obviously should work just fine. For some reason the update went wrong or there's something on the SD card that's not letting Emunand boot fine. Unless you use a dead-old rxTools that ight not be compatible with the latest version.

Nonetheless, switching to Luma3DS should be your priority now.
I see, I always thought updating would mess things up, never thought that my rxTools was old as I followed an up-to date tutorial last December and had no problems until now.

Switching to Luma3DS sounds easier and faster than following the Plailect guide, though, so I guess I'll give that a shot first if I find a nice tutorial.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Lel i updated my SYSNAND in the days of anything above 9.2 = rip and i tried to hardmod my 3ds and broke it. Good thing you updated your emunand and not your sysnand by accident. xD i got a 2ds now though but i miss being able to fold my 3ds in my pocket. And that aqua blue colour.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse