Hyrule warriors legends my fairy help

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by DarkCrudus, Mar 26, 2016.

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    I had tried out hyrule warriors legends in the Japanese rom. I had gotten the my fairy from that. I since have deleted the Japanese and gotten the USA one. I get my fairy in the US version and their names are still all messed up. Any one know how to fix it? :(

Problem fixed by going into data management and deleting extra data for hyrule warriors.

I was afraid to go into data management with emunand/installed cias at risk of losing em

Last edited by DarkCrudus, Mar 26, 2016
  2. wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2007
    Brazil
    Brazil...F*** YEAH
    The exact same thing happened to me. I played the Japanese rom and noticed that even though the game text was in english, some of its explainatory images and the SpotPass notifications were in Japanese, and the Fairies' names were gibberish (like fgfbfLfb) so that kinda put me off the game and I decided to wait for the American release.

But even with the American rom, I still get these weird names for the My Fairy mode. I have tried deleting the Extra Data with my first save and it didn't work. So I deleted Extra Data again and I tried wiping the saves and reinstalling the game, but I got the same results, fairies with weird unintelligible names. What exactly did you do to fix yours?

3. Ratatapa

Ratatapa GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    Canada
    Where you able to keep your save files from the JP to USA game?

4. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Delete the jp game + update file + extra data
    Then install the US/EU version and try again.

5. narupo

narupo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    Did the game, extra removal and reinstall the fairy names are still corrupted though.

6. DarkCrudus
    OP

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    They ended reappearing again. So I Gateway cheated food and leveled them to max and then reset them which you can change there name

7. wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2007
    Brazil
    Brazil...F*** YEAH
    i have 3 fairies i got from the japanese spotpass, and i managed to hex-edit the save file to change their names, but I dont know what are they supposed to be. The fairies are blue, red and yellow, and I suspect the blue one is Navi. Does anyone have their names?

8. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Does anyone know how to fix this now that Hyrule Warriors: Legends has been out for quite some time? Except leveling of course.

9. xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2011
    United States
    I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
    If you know where each fairy's data is stored, you might be able to manually "force" their names to change to what you want by using more Gateshark cheats. You can do something similar to your and your partner's names in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. The letters of the alphabet are stored as hexadecimal values, as follows: A = 41, B = 42, C = 43, ... X = 57, Y = 58, Z = 59. To use lowercase letters, just add 20 (decimal 32) to each letter's value (a = 61, b = 62, et cetera).

10. Feeling it!

Feeling it! Pure Logical Feels.

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Running.
    Is the fairy even worth getting?