Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer

Nintendo has put out the first official trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, showing off the new features of the port, such as new costumes, inclusion of all previous DLC, and 29 playable characters. It was also announced that the game will feature support for three Breath of the Wild amiibos (Archer and Horseback Link, Zelda), though it was not revealed what they will unlock. Hyrule Warriors is set to launch sometime this Spring in the west, and on March 22 in Japan, for the Nintendo Switch.

Cut down enemy hordes as Legend of Zelda™ characters – in full 1080p TV mode – or in two-player on one system! Link and Zelda can battle in costumes from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, while Tetra and King Daphnes appear in scenes based on the Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker game. Find and care for fairies who will aid you in battle!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cool, another game I'm being forced into buying twice. Not like that already happened with Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild. Thanks Nintendo! Love the new Switch content...
Damn bro, forced? We better call the cops, who's holding the gun to your head?!

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn bro, forced? We better call the cops, who's holding the gun to your head?!
Okay, forced was the wrong term to use. I collect videogames so usually I try and obtain every version of one particular game when they come out. It also invalidates the cost of the DLC you paid when you had it on a WiiU, which is a total slap in the face to their customers. For example, I spent the money to get the DLC for Mario Kart 8 on WiiU, but when I bought it on Switch, it already came with it. In a way they are punishing anyone who purchased a WiiU and supported them with it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, forced was the wrong term to use. I collect videogames so usually I try and obtain every version of one particular game when they come out. It also invalidates the cost of the DLC you paid when you had it on a WiiU, which is a total slap in the face to their customers. For example, I spent the money to get the DLC for Mario Kart 8 on WiiU, but when I bought it on Switch, it already came with it. In a way they are punishing anyone who purchased a WiiU and supported them with it.
They're just releasing these games to a wider audience, and the included DLC is enticement to buy at a higher price. Still, most people won't feel obligated to buy the game again if they already did on WiiU, and many Switch owners will be fine waiting on a price drop as well.

Nintendo has admitted to WiiU's failure, but obviously that console's fans aren't just going to let sleeping dogs lie. More importantly, at least you get the portable form factor as an upgrade over the WiiU version of any game.

Last edited by Xzi,

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like how they made the My Fairy feature 3d this time around. I might pick it up if I have enough gold coins built up (if it's an eligible title)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what I wanted. I wanted the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors, on the Wii-U looking all pretty! I guess I am not too bummed out about "buying" this game again, because, well, I played the 3DS version and Wii-U version of this game, the way most people on this site played it. :P

Also, you want suffering? I played Hyrule Warriors for about 100 hours, on the old 3DS! :(

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Never played FE:W, I want to though, but what kind of QoL changes are there generally?
The ones i can remember are better unit ordering (you can make other units take over forts or horde control and is more efficient than HW), Being able to expose Weak Points by hitting instead of waiting for that one attack to expose it, Weapon triangle being simpler and more relevant than elements. There were a few more I read.

While not improvement but changes considered better for FE were no items, no card items in adventure/history mode, no giant bosses, better skill system (less grind)

To be honest i kinda also want it, but hearing that characters with the same weapon have the same attacks kinda breaks the deal for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: