Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    Played it on the 3DS a bit, will have to get this for the switch.

2. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    If the QoL changes made in FE:W are implemented in this... Oh god my wallet.

3. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    Cool, another game I'm being forced into buying twice. Not like that already happened with Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild. Thanks Nintendo! Love the new Switch content...

DeoNaught and Wonder_Woman_ like this.
  4. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Damn bro, forced? We better call the cops, who's holding the gun to your head?!

5. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    Okay, forced was the wrong term to use. I collect videogames so usually I try and obtain every version of one particular game when they come out. It also invalidates the cost of the DLC you paid when you had it on a WiiU, which is a total slap in the face to their customers. For example, I spent the money to get the DLC for Mario Kart 8 on WiiU, but when I bought it on Switch, it already came with it. In a way they are punishing anyone who purchased a WiiU and supported them with it.

6. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    They're just releasing these games to a wider audience, and the included DLC is enticement to buy at a higher price. Still, most people won't feel obligated to buy the game again if they already did on WiiU, and many Switch owners will be fine waiting on a price drop as well.

Nintendo has admitted to WiiU's failure, but obviously that console's fans aren't just going to let sleeping dogs lie. More importantly, at least you get the portable form factor as an upgrade over the WiiU version of any game.

Last edited by Xzi, Feb 9, 2018
  7. Carnelian

Carnelian GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    snip

8. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I regret buying the DLC on the Wii U version..

9. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I break all the warranties

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    that's it, i'm burning my wii u

10. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I haven’t played this game yet despite owning both 3DS and Wii U versions. Sometimes I question my habit of buying games and not play them:unsure:

11. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    I really like how they made the My Fairy feature 3d this time around. I might pick it up if I have enough gold coins built up (if it's an eligible title)

12. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Addict

Dec 6, 2014
    Never played FE:W, I want to though, but what kind of QoL changes are there generally?

13. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    welp one more Wii U game to the switch. i wonder how this will do.

14. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Pretty much what I wanted. I wanted the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors, on the Wii-U looking all pretty! I guess I am not too bummed out about "buying" this game again, because, well, I played the 3DS version and Wii-U version of this game, the way most people on this site played it. :P

Also, you want suffering? I played Hyrule Warriors for about 100 hours, on the old 3DS! :(

15. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    The ones i can remember are better unit ordering (you can make other units take over forts or horde control and is more efficient than HW), Being able to expose Weak Points by hitting instead of waiting for that one attack to expose it, Weapon triangle being simpler and more relevant than elements. There were a few more I read.

While not improvement but changes considered better for FE were no items, no card items in adventure/history mode, no giant bosses, better skill system (less grind)

To be honest i kinda also want it, but hearing that characters with the same weapon have the same attacks kinda breaks the deal for me.