Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is now the best-selling Warriors title of all time

kXEZRN5.png

Dynasty Warriors is a franchise familiar to crossovers, especially with Nintendo, with the two companies teaming up to release both Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. However, their latest team-up has broken previous sales records, according to Koei Tecmo. The recently-launched Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which expands upon the story of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, is now officially the highest-selling Warriors/Musou game of all time, having already achieved 3 million sales since its launch on November 20th, less than a week ago.

:arrow: Source

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a whole lot of fun with it. It's probably my favorite warriors title.... I just wish it ran better. It crawls to a power point slide show in co-op whenever you're using certain characters or using anyone's special. And even in single player, it frequently drops frames and stutters quite a bit.

Still a lot of fun, and it's great for de-stressing. But man, if there is a Switch Pro coming, I'll pick one up if it'll run this game at a consistent smooth framerate.

Last edited by Windaga,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair its not hard, its only had 2 titles, the wii u version and same ported to 3ds.

Tho it shows how inferior the switch is, crap resolution in portible mode and god fuck me, last time i played a game where shit just magically popped up in front of you was back in the n64 days.

Pop ups is terrible.

But putting that aside i dont mind the game, it feels like its telling the story that nintendo couldnt be arsed to tell in its motion tech demo aka botw.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be fair its not hard, its only had 2 titles, the wii u version and same ported to 3ds.

Tho it shows how inferior the switch is, crap resolution in portible mode and god fuck me, last time i played a game where shit just magically popped up in front of you was back in the n64 days.

Pop ups is terrible.

But putting that aside i dont mind the game, it feels like its telling the story that nintendo couldnt be arsed to tell in its motion tech demo aka botw.
it sounds to me like it outsold every other game in the ridiculously long running warriors series. it feels like there's almost a hundred.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Pop ups is terrible.

I believe it's referring to the ENTIRE Warriors franchise. And they have been going on for a long time. Since the PS1 in fact. For Age of Calamity to blow them all out the water in such a short amount of time is a great achievement for them.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's referring to the ENTIRE Warriors franchise. And they have been going on for a long time. Since the PS1 in fact. For Age of Calamity to blow them all out the water in such a short amount of time is a great achievement for them.
Persona 5 scramble might topple its accomplishments since it too will retain its story elements. I think we are just witnessing a new age of hack/slash where you can actually enjoy the story without mindlessly slashing your way to the plot.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Persona 5 scramble might topple its accomplishments since it too will retain its story elements. I think we are just witnessing a new age of hack/slash where you can actually enjoy the story without mindlessly slashing your way to the plot.

That's only if it gets localized. Yes there may have been some hints to it but I'm waiting for an offical statement about it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's a Zelda themed Warriors game based in the BotW universe as an official prequel . Which is one the highest regarded Zelda titles. If it didn't sell extraordinarly well, I'd be concerned. Too bad it has poor performance.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a Zelda themed Warriors game based in the BotW universe.. Which is one the highest regarded Zelda titles. If it didn't sell extraordinarly well, I'd be concerned. Too bad it has poor performance.

The performance isn't that bad. I only seemed to notice it when doing specials. But they only last a couple seconds. So it's not really a big deal.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all Revali's doing.

Still. I wish Nintendo (probably) hadn't make them remove a lot of the stuff that make me enjoy Warriors games.
Namely, the scoring. Gotta S everything.

And the adventure maps were just genius. Yes, it was insanely grindy, but there was also a LOT of unlockable content to make up for it, and musou games aren't meant to play all day non stop, but they're very good to play for a little while just to relax after work :)

Last edited by deinonychus71,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The performance isn't that bad. I only seemed to notice it when doing specials. But they only last a couple seconds. So it's not really a big deal.
I wouldn't undersell it like that. It's pretty bad. Otherwise it's a pretty decent Musou title.

Reactions: Meteor7
D

Deleted User

sorry to burst your Bubble to whoever think this game is great, i have been playing Dynasty warriors since ps2, and i was glowing with excitement for Dynasty Gundam, by the 3rd and 4rth milking of that license i completely dried out from their engine and formula, its a boring hack and slash mechanic forcing you to walk long distances to do the same thing 10 times more, the only reason people bought Zelda Age of calamity is for the story, i deleted the game after 4 missions, i cant stand this game style anymore, if they made a Zelda game using DMC5 or Bayonetta Style ill buy it twice

i feel sorry for the poor souls who fall to cheap Gameplay mechanics using other franchises to sell their game

at this point someone needs to just make them a M.U.G.E.N Dynasty engine and throw all their characters in it, there is no need for more FFS

Reactions: ZeroFX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn