1. SG854

SG854 I'm Evolving

Comoros
    Sorry to burst your bubble but it sold well. No one cares about your subjective opinion.

2. xenocard

xenocard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    sheep like you bought it for Zelda name, if they made you a zelda Tetris game you will buy it

i dont think you even bought it, filthy Pirate

Borjitasstoi likes this.
  3. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You got a problem with tetris?

kingaz, CallmeBerto, James_ and 6 others like this.
  4. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

Japan
    Dont mind me im just waiting for that P5S R announcement

CallmeBerto likes this.
  5. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Well hopefully it will make the warriors series more popular since I do love these kinds of games in some level.

AlexMCS likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I would have had it already... if it wasn't $60 :ninja:

So will we eventually see a crossover with other characters? Using other licensed content in the same gameplay system seem to help the series a lot, so just put a all star game together. :)

upload_2020-11-24_19-52-41.jpeg

I mean umm... do that... but with all the other licensed characters you managed to use... (Fire emblem X Legend of Zelda) or dragon quest X Final fantasy. :ph34r:

7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    "I don't like it, so you can't either."

K

8. rafaelia

rafaelia Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm salty there's no local wifi option for coop.. I just don't get why they wouldn't put it in, coop preformace would be better with TWO switches doing the processing, NINTENDO! :nayps3:

kingaz and Memoir like this.
  9. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The performance is limited by the Switch, which is why Nintendo really should be thinking of a powerhouse console next. I can play Hyrule Warriors DE on Yuzu in full 60fps. So hopefully HAC will have better compatibility over time to get the same treatment. The developers of Yuzu are planning to reconstruct their emulator to make it more GPU efficient over CPU.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Nov 25, 2020
    Memoir likes this.
  10. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I
    Oh, I'm well aware of how weak the Switch is. The big reason I don't buy any serious game on it. I hope we see a full successor that doubles (at worst) in processing power than the current system.

11. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Did better than Warriors Orochi? Good job.
    Good pandemic vibes, I guess.

12. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

United States
    Isn't Hyrule Warriors Deluxe already 60fps on Switch?

Graxer and Memoir like this.
  13. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States

Last edited by Memoir, Nov 25, 2020
  14. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    40-50fps give or take not stable as Yuzu

MagnesG likes this.
  15. JazzCat.CL

JazzCat.CL GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    The first one was better in framerate, content, and character design.

Mimikyu2037, AlexMCS and Memoir like this.
  16. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Its not just referring to zelda themed warriors games it referring to every single dynasty warriors game and every spinoff

17. SG854

SG854 I'm Evolving

Comoros
    You damn right I will buy it. Slap The Legend of Zelda title on a box of cornflakes cereal and that cereal will be the greatest cereal of all time. Deal with it. This is a popularity contest and Zelda is winning it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Call me sheep all you want. Your words will have no effect on me or have effect on the millions of people buying it. Go wallow in your sorrow, angry that people are buying it in droves. The more it sells the weaker your opinion becomes and the more angrier you get & the happier I become knowing that your opinion does nothing to influence the millions it's making. You have lost.

Last edited by SG854, Nov 25, 2020
  18. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.
    Contributor

United States
    In a literal sense, I can't exactly say that's wrong, but I can't help but feel that they could have done a much better job optimizing the game, despite it being on the Switch. This is especially considering the existing benchmark of HW: DE running at least at double the framerate, a much higher resolution, and with less pop-in. It's not as though I'd argue every aspect of the game is ruined by the poor performance, but an action game should never get to the point where a single digit framerate becomes a normality during basic play, and I don't think it's entirely fair to point to the Switch's hardware as being the sole culprit. HW: DE runs better in every way, with comparable enemy counts and asset quality to AoC, and at a much higher resolution. OCing the Switch's GPU does help the framerate a lot, but it still never hits a constant 30 in battle for more than half a second, and I honestly can't point to any particular graphical aspect that would justify such a GPU-heavy game. It's especially disappointing when it drops frames so hard, considering the input latency spikes as the framerate chugs, and it can often ruin the timing-based challenges the game uses (flurry rushes and parries) and even when the framerate is as "steady" as it can get, it's still dropping frames off 30 left and right.

For context, I'd say Breath of the Wild was limited to 30fps to achieve wide sweeping shots which loaded in many distant assets, and I think it's safe to say that it was necessary to achieve the type of "search and explore" gameplay the title was going for, while still being on the Switch. To me, that kind of sacrifice isn't ideal, but I understand how it directly serves other aspects of the gameplay. AoC, though? I can't really see anything that justifies the poor performance, and the fact that the core gameplay has to suffer so much is a detriment to the many positive aspects of the game's design.

Last edited by Meteor7, Nov 25, 2020
    CallmeBerto likes this.
  19. simsimsim

simsimsim GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you have every right to not like it. But to call people who actually enjoy this genre "sheep" is beyond stupid. People have different taste. I also played a bunch of Warriors games and I still enjoyed them and this one as well. There are plenty of people who didn't buy this game just because it's a "Zelda" game, but because it's a Warriors game too.
    Don't like it, don't play it. Just don't criticize other people for enjoying it. Honestly I have no clue where your hostility is even coming from, going so far as accusing others of being "pirates" for simply liking the game. WTF??

kingaz, James_, Graxer and 1 other person like this.
  20. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

3 million for a Musou is insane.

Shame the game runs like liquid aaaassssssss

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Warriors, Calamity, Warriors