Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, releases November 20th

Hyrule-Warriors-AoC_09-08-20.jpg

Nintendo quietly dropped a trailer on their YouTube channel today for a new Legend of Zelda spin-off, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Pitched to Koei Tecmo Games by Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma, it will be developed by the same team and use the same hack-and-slash gameplay style as the original Hyrule Warriors. Unlike that title, this will take place firmly in the world of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, set during the Great Calamity that took place a hundred years before the beginning of Breath of the Wild. The trailer shows gameplay featuring Link, Zelda, and the four Guardians. According to Koei Tecmo producer Yosuke Hayashi, his team worked closely with the core Zelda team to help capture the look and feel of the world, and that while the original Hyrule Warriors adapted to traditional Zelda conventions, Age of Calamity will break those conventions the same way Breath of the Wild itself did.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P5 Scramble/Strikers shows that Koei/Tecmo can do something more interesting than a Warriors game. But then again that wasn't labeled a Warriors game.

Reactions: ZeroHunta

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Looks meh at best.
Same old Warriors shit, just with a new paint work.

I'm good, I can get everything I want from this from a simple playthrough on YouTube and Wikipages, that being the story/lore alone. Gameplay has nothing new to offer.
I actually liked Hyrule Warriors because of the amount of content, but the Fire Emblem one sucked and I hope it's not the case here.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't get why Nintendo keeps on announcing games like this. Maybe in their minds this is working somehow? I have entirely lost focus on my Switch and have mostly played on PC the entire year. My game planning also does not include Switch and I cannot fit potential new releases anywhere...

Yeah, I need to plan what games I will play when. Adulting and etc.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok...so clearly the company koei works with makes a big difference when it comes to the worldwide release of these games...I'm looking at you phantom strikers...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fkn love Hyrule Warriors to death. Still not 100%d it because of the maps lol and on some I don't have the items. So I'm hyped for this game.

D

Deleted User

I might be alone with this opinion but this game is better than botw1 to me. It has no big world for sure but it has a story probably.
And i t will have the same amount of dungeons as botw 1.... Yes.... 0 Dungeons...

So overall it at least has action and is no walking simulator

.. repetetive... Yes, sure
But still better than botw

Reactions: Bladexdsl
D

Deleted User

I find these Dynasty Warrior type games so boring. Kill a thousand enemies, then move to the next area and kill a thousand more.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might be alone with this opinion but this game is better than botw1 to me. It has no big world for sure but it has a story probably.
And i t will have the same amount of dungeons as botw 1.... Yes.... 0 Dungeons...

So overall it at least has action and is no walking simulator

.. repetetive... Yes, sure
But still better than botw

If you like mindless action sure. Those "walking simulators" at least have puzzles and other things to keep the games interesting.

D

Deleted User

I find these Dynasty Warrior type games so boring. Kill a thousand enemies, then move to the next area and kill a thousand more.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you like mindless action sure. Those "walking simulators" at least have puzzles and other things to keep the games interesting.
botw was mindless too. Walk from a to b. Do nothing there.. Puzzles? Not really. There s just walking. Its horrible . Those shrines are simplest logic.. there was so much potential... And they wasted it

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there's enough unique twists on the formula like Dragon Quest Heroes 2, this could have my interest. However right now, more of the same is a very unappealing thing.

D

Deleted User

botw was mindless too. Walk from a to b. Do nothing there.. Puzzles? Not really. There s just walking. Its horrible . Those shrines are simplest logic.. there was so much potential... And they wasted it

Compared to a Hyrule Warriors games where there's no puzzles at all good or bad, I'll take BOTW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2: