Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, releases November 20th

Hyrule-Warriors-AoC_09-08-20.jpg

Nintendo quietly dropped a trailer on their YouTube channel today for a new Legend of Zelda spin-off, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Pitched to Koei Tecmo Games by Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma, it will be developed by the same team and use the same hack-and-slash gameplay style as the original Hyrule Warriors. Unlike that title, this will take place firmly in the world of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, set during the Great Calamity that took place a hundred years before the beginning of Breath of the Wild. The trailer shows gameplay featuring Link, Zelda, and the four Guardians. According to Koei Tecmo producer Yosuke Hayashi, his team worked closely with the core Zelda team to help capture the look and feel of the world, and that while the original Hyrule Warriors adapted to traditional Zelda conventions, Age of Calamity will break those conventions the same way Breath of the Wild itself did.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's a new game so I expect new textures or assets or gtfo!
Im done with lazy developing.
LMFAO You seem fun at parties. No one complained About Mario Bros U since that was using almost the exact same assets as Mario Bros Wii. No one complained about Splatoon 2 when that was reusing a lot of the same assets from Splatoon 1. No one complained About Mario Galaxy 2 using most assets from Galaxy 1. Game devs reuse assets to save time and production cost. Game devs use the same assets because those assets work completely fine and don't need to be disposed when making a new game. Assets don't need to be disposed when making a new game, as that'd be useless and wastes time. smh

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LMFAO You seem fun at parties. No one complained About Mario Bros U since that was using almost the exact same assets as Mario Bros Wii. No one complained about Splatoon 2 when that was reusing a lot of the same assets from Splatoon 1. No one complained About Mario Galaxy 2 using most assets from Galaxy 1. Game devs reuse assets to save time and production cost. Game devs use the same assets because those assets work completely fine and don't need to be disposed when making a new game. Assets don't need to be disposed when making a new game, as that'd be useless and wastes time. smh
Ofc they do it to save time and production cost. Duh. While they could make it different/better. Instead they are lazy/ money grubbing.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ofc they do it to save time and production cost. Duh. While they could make it different/better. Instead they are lazy/ money grubbing.
Ok, I can agree it's a little lazy, but especially with the style of the game, what are devs supposed to do? They could remodel Link, but the game is stylised so if they redesign assets no one would be able to notice, and the original assets sill look good and most people wouldn't care. But hey, this is only the reveal, so seeing new assets is inevitable.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, I can agree it's a little lazy, but especially with the style of the game, what are devs supposed to do? They could remodel Link, but the game is stylised so if they redesign assets no one would be able to notice, and the original assets sill look good and most people wouldn't care. But hey, this is only the reveal, so seeing new assets is inevitable.
The original assets may look good here. But why does it feel like your playing a copy paste often of the time with this kind of situation. Your mind craves new creativity, new stimuli. But at a certain point you get used to it I guess.. Cuz so many projects do it.
I mean new games/series don't have the benefit of this. They have to rebuild everything from scratch and we are also suppose to pay 60 or 70 dollars for it just the same.

Do you really think we are the benefitters in this? I doubt it's like, Oh hey we have more time and resource, lets use it to make the game better. Instead it goes in publishers pocket!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
The best example is Majora's Mask. It's more or less as good as OoT. I actually think Nintendo should do that more.

Last edited by Rail Fighter,

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This looks interesting, having played & enjoyed both Fire emblem Warroirs and Hyrule warroirs on switch, this is basicly hyrule warroirs but only Breath of the wild charaters and it is a prequel to the 1st BOTW.

if i have some money by november 20th, i'll get this. looks good.
the hyrule waarroirs i found for 50 euroes when it was on slae instead of 60e, hope that this one will be the same.

a good distraction in the meantime until BOTW 2 comes out (2021?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.