• Thread starter Deleted-385845
  • Start date
  • Views 6,534
  • Replies 31
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted-385845

OP
Long time reader, first time poster. Just a question for the curious about potential of Gamecube on Wii U not in vWii mode. Several Wii titles can be downloaded from eshop and ran directly from Wii U homescreen. Not positive on the how, but I keep reading the games don't actually boot into vWii mode.

Would it be possible to inject a Gamecube game into a downloaded "title", allowing the system to run the game?

Honestly, its not really something I see working, but really just looking for opinions on the matter. And please, do not post "yes, someone do this."

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: NoNAND

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard, is that you can run nintendon't in WiiU mode, so you can play GC in 1080p. This is only what I've heard though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Also, @KiiWii do you know what resolution those can run in VWii, and if it can be displayed on the gamepad?

D

Deleted-385845

OP
Well my TV says 1080p, but its being upscaled. I doubt you get the console to upscale the internal resolution in wiiu mode

Though I wonder if you can trick the hardware to AA...

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-385845

OP
Well assuming Nin-jector is dumping any nds ROM into a working file, I see reason to believe with some clever background file riding along with digital Wii title program being able boot a GC title.

Controlling and saving is entirely different question....

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could be wrong, but I really don't think it's as simple as injecting nintendont into a Wii U VC title.

Technically once the games like Mario Galaxy for Wii U VC are dumped and (Tik) playable you should be able to mod the bin/iso it boots to contain a dol/bin/elf for nintendont/devolution or other Wii/vWii homebrew I suppose.

I thought @tueidj had devolution working in Wii U native resolutions a long while back.

Last edited by KiiWii,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lets shed some light on This

Wii games on wiiu menu do not run in wiiu mode, they run in vwii mode the wiiu icon is basicaly a shortcut to run in vwii, when you click them you can hear the wiiu changing to vwii mode, so yeah no wii game runs in wiiu mode, nintendo basicaly made shortcuts and hacked in the gamepad for the games that had the CC support.

Nintendont being on wiiu could work or not but the sheer ammount of work it would take for what? besides gamepad support the rest doesnt really have any addons, nintendont doesnt need more power or speed all gc games run fullspeed.

It would be easier if we ever get iosu sometime in he near decade to free Vwii, by freeing vwii i mean make vwii run wih wiiu mode clock speed and have wiiu mode memory and such.

People always forget nintendont is not an emulator it basicaly runs natively with only some gc components emulated and nintendo wii Vc games run in vwii not wiiu so basicaly nintendo took the easiest way possible and made them work in vwii, thats why they dont run in 1080p.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest gain from having Nintendon't or similar in a native WiiU setting would be so people don't have to go through hacking the vWii. Especially for paranoid people like me, I don't wanna completely fuck something up even when trying to follow the guides to a tee.

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I heard, is that you can run nintendon't in WiiU mode, so you can play GC in 1080p. This is only what I've heard though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Also, @KiiWii do you know what resolution those can run in VWii, and if it can be displayed on the gamepad?
It can be played on the gamepad but the internal resolution will always be 480p upscaled to 1080p. It doesn't look bad though.

Reactions: froggestspirit

richexpert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, today can we inject gc and wii games at wiiu dashboard? so we dont need to open vwii or any other software, just run it directly

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's so hard with pressing B on the gamepad to boot straight into vWii, Boot a Nintendon't forwader and run Gamecube games from there?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Classic Controller Pro works fine.
The Gamepad does have a lot of advantages over the Wiimote+CCP combo if we do end up getting control of vWii with the Gamepad similar to Wii VC emulating the CCP on it
  • Off-TV Play.
  • No carrying around the Wiimote.
  • If the Wiimote loses charge, you have to stop playing to recharge it. With the Gamepad, you can just hook it up to its charger and you could keep going on.
  • WiiSXR and Not64 through the Gamepad's inputs.
  • WiiMC with Gamepad controls.
  • etc.
To be honest, using the CCP is nice and all, but having the Gamepad beats it in a lot of ways.
I really hope this becomes a reality, I can't wait to play Wii (CCP compatble) and GC games using only the Gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.