Hyperkin is bringing back the Xbox 360 controller for the current gen

xboxnxonx.png

The defacto gamepad for PC and Xbox gaming circa 2005 is making a return. After resurrecting the original Xbox "duke" controller, Hyperkin is bringing back the Xbox 360 gamepad, 17 years after its debut. It's referred to as the Xenon controller, and looks just like the original 360 controller, with a few modernizations; it sports Menu, View, and Share buttons now, uses USB-C, and has a 3.5mm headphone jack. There are four colors available, ranging from the original white, to the 360 Slim-styled black, pink, and red. No pricing was revealed, but Hyperkin's original Xbox controller retailed for $70 when it came out, so it'll likely be around that price range.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

The defacto gamepad for PC and Xbox gaming circa 2005 is making a return. After resurrecting the original Xbox "duke" controller, Hyperkin is bringing back the Xbox 360 gamepad, 17 years after its debut. It's referred to as the Xenon controller, and looks just like the original 360 controller, with a few modernizations; it sports Menu, View, and Share buttons now, uses USB-C, and has a 3.5mm headphone jack. There are four colors available, ranging from the original white, to the 360 Slim-styled black, pink, and red. No pricing was revealed, but Hyperkin's original Xbox controller retailed for $70 when it came out, so it'll likely be around that price range.

:arrow: Source
Alrighty then...

I'm excited for a potential new controller, especially one that models something from my childhood, but Hyperkin's Duke really wasn't... great. It was a great piece of tech to look at and admire, but real world usage fell short. It suffered from the same analog stick issues that most third parties do. This really saddened me.

Last edited by Kioku,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have the PC version and still use it, unfortunately Flycast doesn't recognise all the buttons for some reason.

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want a firmware that opens up the Google Stadia controller so it can be used as a Bluetooth device on anything. Since it came out, all other controllers seem to pale in comparison, minus some of the stuff from 8Bitdo, and the PS5 controller...
...minus it's touch device.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same for me. terrible dpad. even the adjustable dpad sucks ass.
Although i agree with your sentiment, i think it still does a decent job with 2D games imo. And since most 2D games can be played very well with the thumbstick (apart from those who require precision..), i'd just switch into that if i ever feel the need to..
Post automatically merged:

Are these just wired or do they make them in wireless?
Looks like a detachable usb cable from the image above (if that's how the controller will look like).

MorningBlunt

Controller Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Will it work on the 360 as well (and not just on pc)?
Either way, the more controllers out there the better, the originals will eventually fade away or become pricey (specially the wired *my preferred* ones) as time goes on..
I have to say 'doubt'.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same for me. terrible dpad. even the adjustable dpad sucks ass.

It does but it doesn't suck quite as much ass as the non-adjustable d-dap.

Still, the xbone pads were almost the same but he d-pad actaully was better (but still not as good as a 1st party d-pad should be).

Odd because the original xb s-controller d-pad was fine (no idea about series).

Overall, I just don't see why anyone would want one of these in 2022 when other, better pads are out there.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overall, I just don't see why anyone would want one of these in 2022 when other, better pads are out there.
Nostalgia? There certainly are better controllers.

The Stadia controller is a great, affordable pad for retro and modern games (has to be used wired unless someone finds a way to use it wirelessly).

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fix the d-pad and it would be my perfect controller. Don't mind the Xbox one & Xbox Series controller, but prefer the 360 controller over them. Just the d-pad sucked.

If the d-pad is fixed, can be used wireless and still takes AA batteries, I might get it.

Reactions: Minox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over