Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - AUS/EU/US Release dates, screens & trailer

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jun 24, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Nep_ReBirth1_logo_us.jpg

Screens

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox​

Attached Files:

2. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    Woot Woot! Comes out on my birthday!!

3. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Digital release only for Europe? oh well better than nothing.
    If it worked with Drakengard 3 and Ace attorney 5 it will work this time too :)

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    On one hand, this is ultra-weeaboo... on the other, this is about personifications of video game consoles which are my hobby...

I am at a crossroads! :cry:

5. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    The music in that trailer...UGH!

....still buying, I guess....

6. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    wow.... "jump to explore new areas"

Sorry this game seems to be completely horrible... who the hell buys these games? really?

7. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    people who like echi and the whole idea what this game is based around.

8. Kalker3

Kalker3 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2013
    France
    Wasn't there a rumor about a PC version?

Edit: Found it. There was also another article a few days later.

9. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Actually .. I thought the same.

It's the same with these "Atelier" games - I just don't get it. :mellow:

What is echi? And what is the idea around it?

10. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    The phrase is used to describe manga/anime with very light or playful erotic content.
    The game takes place in the world of Gamindustri (Game industry), which is divided into four regions: Planeptune (Sega Neptune), Lastation (Play Station), Lowee (Wii), and Leanbox (Xbox).
    I think you can image what the rest of this game looks like. It's heavily based around our real life gaming industry and has lots of real life references. For example one antagonist in the first game was named R4 after the R4 card in our localization.
    In the anime you could see a not so subtle Mario reference in Lowee's Theme park.

11. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Thanks, I think I get it now. Sounds interesting, even if its not my kind of game. : )
    At first I thought there were only some girls with big arguments like in Senran Kagura Burst (But even that seems to sell somehow - oh, and now I must finish Onechanbara which is a lot of fun, bye! ^_^ ).

12. AndreTrek

AndreTrek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    Brazil
    That theme does suck, but honestly, having played all of the series' currently localized games, i don't remember any of them having particularly good opening themes.
    But either way, i'm definitely buying this day one.

13. JoshuaBojangles

JoshuaBojangles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2011
    United States
    Enough people to warrant a localization? Just because its not your cup of tea, doesnt mean there isnt plenty of people who want to drink up. But I suppose I forgot that triple A, big budget titles are the only things worth playing /sarcasm

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm assuming this is a selling point because the original did not feature jumping, which suggests maps altered to feature said "new areas" - correct me if I'm wrong, weeaboos of the Temp, this is the result of a quick Google search.

15. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    So does it look kinda fan service fetish-y? Sure. But does it look fun? Actually, yeah, the game looks pretty dang fun. My pride probably wouldn't let me buy a physical copy in person, but once I can see more gameplay, I'll probably consider ordering a copy from Amazon.

Based on the context of the trailer, as well as what was blatantly stated: this is a remake of the first game in the series. The first game apparently did not feature jumping, which depending on what it originally came out on, probably isn't all that strange. Thus, they altered the maps to make use of jumping, adding new areas that would have been pointless to add previously with only having the ability to run around sans jumping.

Edit: A quick read on Wikipedia tells me that this originally came out on PS3, and odds are, it was just one of those games that didn't need the ability to jump. Apparently it did nothing to hurt sales, as the game still sold well enough to warrant recrafting the game for the Vita. Not just porting, but legitimately changing the game.

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I only found the controls sheet for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2 on the PS3, and that game didn't feature jumping, so I'm willing to wager that neither did the first one.

17. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    the 1st and 2nd game did not feature jumping. the 3rd game added it and this port/remake is using the new features from the 3rd games engine as well.

I never got to play this one so I am looking forward to getting a chance to play it. I heard the gameplay was not that great so I skipped it but played the other 2 which fixed a lot of the issues people had.

18. liamash3

liamash3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2008
    Frankston
    I've got this on PS3...still haven't gotten round to finishing it :)
    Nice to hear about the remake. If it's considerably better than my PS3 copy (I know MKII is considered a lot better than one for the combat alone, so...), I might consider buying this for my Vita.

19. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Yay, more port for Vita, how exciting.:toot:
    It like they don't even try anymore.

20. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Its not a port, it's a remake. One that the first game really needs.