Hacking Hardware HWfly-shaped Picofly boards start shipping in China

m0rf3o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, is the thread still open? Can I ask a question here? I need help with a chip called new2040plus. Thank you
Post automatically merged:

Hello, is the thread still open? Can I ask a question here? I need help with a chip called new2040plus. Thank you

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Yes probably the ram.
Its still gonna run if the ram is healthy
Post automatically merged:

Have I ever said that?
I can use it but if u want full support get one of the supported boards
Do you (or anybody here) know if biskeydump might be able to run with a RAM issue?
I need a payload running on iRAM to at least extract keys, as I would like to generate and write a clean Boot0 and Boot1 to be completely sure the issue is hardware.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you (or anybody here) know if biskeydump might be able to run with a RAM issue?
I need a payload running on iRAM to at least extract keys, as I would like to generate and write a clean Boot0 and Boot1 to be completely sure the issue is hardware.
Well then u need to search one I haven't found one.
I tried using a different emmc (in the case its a boot0/1 issue.
But that also didn't work.
So its not gonna help if u write a new clean Boot0/1

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Well then u need to search one I haven't found one.
I tried using a different emmc (in the case its a boot0/1 issue.
But that also didn't work.
So its not gonna help if u write a new clean Boot0/1
Oh sure, the clean Boot0/1 won't solve the situation if the problem is with the ram.
I just wanted to give it a shot.

Is it possible to extract keys if I mount my EMMC onto another unpatched switch?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Oh sure, the clean Boot0/1 won't solve the situation if the problem is with the ram.
I just wanted to give it a shot.

Is it possible to extract keys if I mount my EMMC onto another unpatched switch?
I don't think you understand. Your keys are not stored in your eMMC, the keys are embedded in SoC. What you have on your eMMC is your encrypted RAWNAND.

Reactions: Dee87

KingMasta1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so in order to help some guys that have problems with those clones. Today arrived some of the new ones called rp2040 PLUS :rofl2: .
The values of the reistors are these :

oled old
point a cmd 47 ohms
point d clk 47 ohms
point c dat0 47 ohms
point b no resistor

oled new
point a cmd 47ohms
point d clk 47 ohms
point c dat0 240 ohms
point b no resistor

v1-v2
point a 50 ohms
point d 50 ohms
point c 330 ohms
point b 50 ohms

lite
point a 50 ohms
point d 50 ohms
point c 240 ohms
point b 50 ohms

instinct-v6
point a 240 ohms
point d 240 ohms
point c 240 ohms
point b 33 kiloohms

From the measurements above we can see:

1) The oled chips dont have resistors at rst point b which i think is good. But we can see that lite and v1-v2 models use 50 ohm resistors at point b which is not recommended.

2) On newer PLUS chips the main difference is the addition of 240 ohm resistors, instead of 47-50 ohms, at c dat0 points.
I dont know if they are influenced from instinct-nx chips which use 240 ohms at all a,d and c points. This also doesnt make a lot of sense since the recommendation is to add 100 ohm resistors at point c dat0.

3)for some reason the v1-v2 clone uses 330 ohms at point c. Even more than 240 ohms which are used at oled and lite rp 2040 clone boards.

First of all check if you have slow emmc errors after the installation. If yes then proceed with the following:

On old oled boards add 2 more 0201 47 ohm resistor at point c and point a as you can see in my picture (or simply replace them with 100 ohm resistors) . First cut the traces and then add the 47 resistors if you dont replace with 100 ohm.

On new oled models replace the 0201 resistors of point a and c with 100 ohm resistors.

On v1-v2 board replace point a and c with 100 ohm 0402 resistors and if it still doesnt work remove the 50ohm point b resistor and bridge the points.

On lite board
replace point a and c with 100 ohm 0201 resistors and if it still doesnt work remove the 50ohm point b resistor and bridge the points.

I recently also noticed "slow emmc errors" occasionally during emmc benchmarks in hekate, Although my read write speeds have always been between 230-340Mbit/s.
until Switch FW 17.0.0 and 17.0.1, I never ran into any problems. But since the Update I'm alway getting a 2002-3539 as soon as I try to log into my nintendo account/eshop in OFW.

Attached is the RP2040-NS chip, that I'm using.
The board seems to be identical to snakers v1-v2 boards.
So I guess I should also try to replace the a and c point resistors with 100ohm ones right?

I definitly will check the current values of the already installed resistors before exchanging them, but right now this seems to be my last option to get rid of this error.

Attachments

• RP2040-NS.png
    RP2040-NS.png
    651.7 KB · Views: 21

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently also noticed "slow emmc errors" occasionally during emmc benchmarks in hekate, Although my read write speeds have always been between 230-340Mbit/s.
until Switch FW 17.0.0 and 17.0.1, I never ran into any problems. But since the Update I'm alway getting a 2002-3539 as soon as I try to log into my nintendo account/eshop in OFW.

Attached is the RP2040-NS chip, that I'm using.
The board seems to be identical to snakers v1-v2 boards.
So I guess I should also try to replace the a and c point resistors with 100ohm ones right?

I definitly will check the current values of the already installed resistors before exchanging them, but right now this seems to be my last option to get rid of this error.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/oled-switch-error-2002-3539-after-hwfly-oled-v3-install.611057/
Not sure if will help, but did see this thread.

KingMasta1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: BigOnYa

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
img image

Hi, for the first time I've bought a picofly from ali.
I was starting to solder while I've notice this that didn't happen last time (I've only did this mod once).
The last diode don't sit in the hole completely, should I have to be concerned from this?
Oh on I don't have a magnifier anymore, do you think I can handle with my phone (BTW I've took this pic with the phone)
Thank you so much

KingMasta1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just checked the resistor values and they are indeed as follows:
b = 50 Ohm
d = 50 Ohm
a = 50 Ohm
c = 240 Ohm

So should I just start with replacing c with 100 Ohm or should I directly exchange a and c?

linkref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I've modded an OLED switch with pico rp2040 board ready to solder, everything went well.
Everything is okay, but i tried like 100 boots for training, and 1 time every 20 boots the switch boots straight to OFW and error code is : short - short - long (**=)
If it happens, i just have to turn it off and turn it on and then it will glitch well.

Any ideas what to check ?

Thanks

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Hello,

I've modded an OLED switch with pico rp2040 board ready to solder, everything went well.
Everything is okay, but i tried like 100 boots for training, and 1 time every 20 boots the switch boots straight to OFW and error code is : short - short - long (**=)
If it happens, i just have to turn it off and turn it on and then it will glitch well.

Any ideas what to check ?

Thanks
if it's skhynix add another 50ohm resistor to your cmd and dat0 line

Dukenukemx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues with my V1 Switch with the Aliexpress hwfly mod chip and I'm getting errors on my Switch. When I checked the resistance values were the following
b = 47 Ohm
d = 0 Ohm
a = 47 Ohm
c = 200 Ohm

I then replaced the d 0 Ohm with a 47 Ohm but still issues when "Your eMMC is initialized in slower mode! This might mean hardware issues!". So now I have this configuration as recommend by @snaker.
b = 47 Ohm
d = 47 Ohm
a = 100 Ohm
c = 100 Ohm

I haven't tried remove d altogether and just shorting it with a wire. Anyone got any recommendations?

Frogger110

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having issues with my V1 Switch with the Aliexpress hwfly mod chip and I'm getting errors on my Switch. When I checked the resistance values were the following
b = 47 Ohm
d = 0 Ohm
a = 47 Ohm
c = 200 Ohm

I then replaced the d 0 Ohm with a 47 Ohm but still issues when "Your eMMC is initialized in slower mode! This might mean hardware issues!". So now I have this configuration as recommend by @snaker.
b = 47 Ohm
d = 47 Ohm
a = 100 Ohm
c = 100 Ohm

I haven't tried remove d altogether and just shorting it with a wire. Anyone got any recommendations?

Did you manage to solve the problem with the 100 resistors? I have the exact same problem and very similar resistor values (47,0,47,250)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn...