Hwfly on Switch v2.....and what to do next?

shiba976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
in these days I will get the Switch v2 (no oled), for my children (but I will use it too!: P). I was thinking of making the modchip, but I was asking myself some questions. Where can I find a guide for configuring the necessary software? I have found several video guides, for soldering the chip, I will have no problem doing this. But after having soldered the chip correctly what should you do? Where can I find the software and the steps to take?
another thing, for the modchip, you need only the "Hwfly kit" and soldering, or do I have to buy other gadgets?
Sorry for the banality of the questions (and my english :D), but I'm new to the switch world! : D Thanks everyone in advance.

KuraiKage

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, I have Switch v2 modchipped with Hwfly made by myself.
The first step you shoud do next is to create package (SD setup)
PM ME FOR LINKS WITH GUIDE.
Since I just saw your post I created account here but I can't send link in post so pm me :)

I'll try to help you bro :)

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Since I just saw your post I created account here but I can't send link in post so pm me :)

Hey there, when you said you made Hwfly by yourself did you mean you diy the chip or you mean that you installed it by yourself?

KuraiKage

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought modchip from aliexpress for about 200$ and I Installed into my console by myself. I use hekate to run CFW atmosphere now and all I done alone :D

Itsamemariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hey man I'm in the same boat as OP, could you pls also PM me the links?

shiba976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Help me....help me.... please!:D
I would love to have complete information on how to proceed. Unfortunately there is no specific info on the hwfly/sd configuration.

Javicag

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ok thanks I'll see. one more question. once hwfly is installed on the switch , if I haven't prepared any sd card yet, the console starts up and can be used normally?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks I'll see. one more question. once hwfly is installed on the switch , if I haven't prepared any sd card yet, the console starts up and can be used normally?
I’m borderline speaking out of turn because I don’t have a modchipped device, but from what I’ve read, a properly chipped system can’t boot pure OFW and will hang looking for boot.dat.

does anyone w/ firsthand knowledge have more details on this?

bestpro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok grazie vedrò. un'altra domanda. una volta installato hwfly sullo switch, se non ho ancora preparato nessuna sd card, la console si avvia e si può usare normalmente?
if you install the latest nintendo update on 14.1.2 the hwfly chip freezes and starts only in ofw since the normal boot of inserting the sd will no longer come out

shiba976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you install the latest nintendo update on 14.1.2 the hwfly chip freezes and starts only in ofw since the normal boot of inserting the sd will no longer come out
sorry, but you mean the hwfly chip is not working with the latest nintendo firmware?

bestpro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So what works or doesn't work?
my first generation hwfly absolutely does not go with 14.1.2 it went up to 14.1.1 if I put the original nand with 14.1.2 the last hekate does not start if instead I put a second nand taken from another console it starts hekate, whenever I insert the original nand with 14.1.2 it always boots to original bypassing the chip

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
my first generation hwfly absolutely does not go with 14.1.2 it went up to 14.1.1 if I put the original nand with 14.1.2 the last hekate does not start if instead I put a second nand taken from another console it starts hekate, whenever I insert the original nand with 14.1.2 it always boots to original bypassing the chip
flash latest fw onto the chip via the supplied usb adapter and put latest hats pack...

bestpro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
flash latest fw onto the chip via the supplied usb adapter and put latest hats pack...
the first generation of hwfly cannot be made any update because it is not detected either via hardware with the unbrick method or with the hwfly toolset 1.1.0 via sd to the firmware version.bin 0.7 does not go into dfu mode and hwfly is not seen by the software for which in this case nothing can be done

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
the first generation of hwfly cannot be made any update because it is not detected either via hardware with the unbrick method or with the hwfly toolset 1.1.0 via sd to the firmware version.bin 0.7 does not go into dfu mode and hwfly is not seen by the software for which in this case nothing can be done
If chip is not flashable then that switch is stuck with the old firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s