Hwfly Oled help. I turned auto-boot from off to on in hekate, to start in EmuMMC. Now black screen

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you play online, I don't want to suggest something that could get you banned. You don't need a jig to reset the chip, just something to short the 2 pins while powering on. metal tweezers do the trick. Or a piece of wire, or a paperclip... but you do have to remove the back cover to get at those points.
At your own risk... you could download the firmware files from the web, and update in synand CFW. That should prevent boot0 from being overwritten. As long as you don't run sysmodules or cheats while online, or install an .nsp other than firmware, running cfw on sysnand will actually not get you banned. It's even safe to run an NRO... but careful with installing modified saves for games that go online...

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Since you play online, I don't want to suggest something that could get you banned. You don't need a jig to reset the chip, just something to short the 2 pins while powering on. metal tweezers do the trick. Or a piece of wire, or a paperclip... but you do have to remove the back cover to get at those points.
At your own risk... you could download the firmware files from the web, and update in synand CFW. That should prevent boot0 from being overwritten. As long as you don't run sysmodules or cheats while online, or install an .nsp other than firmware, running cfw on sysnand will actually not get you banned. It's even safe to run an NRO... but careful with installing modified saves for games that go online...
thanks , at this point i care only about the chip working normally, and not having that boot0 overwritten thing , how do i prevent it from being overwritten, so that i don't even have to go through that hassle of resetting the chip?

do i have to not update the ofw side? if yes then that's easy for me not to do, I'll stick to cfw side only, but could i update the cfw side ?

thanks in advance

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks , at this point i care only about the chip working normally, and not having that boot0 overwritten thing , how do i prevent it from being overwritten, so that i don't even have to go through that hassle of resetting the chip?

do i have to not update the ofw side? if yes then that's easy for me not to do, I'll stick to cfw side only, but could i update the cfw side ?

thanks in advance
Yes, you can update in CFW only, using daybreak. You can also update emummc only, and leave sysnand alone. But… if you play online games, there’s a chance you will be asked to update when you go online (I never play online, so not 100% sure).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey buddy, i got a question regarding updating cfw/ofw using hwfly chip (v4) so i did the following updated ofw, then went to update the cfw side emunand using daybreak and bam the chip misbehaves and doesn't want to boot hekate etc.

the above thing happened to me twice so far, on first time i sent it back to my modder, he mended to it, and some week ago the very same thing happened to me again, so i sent it back to him, now I'm so pissed and I'm like "i just won't update ofw" anymore, and also just skip on playing MarioKart lol

as that game is the only reason why i sometimes would boot into ofw , so when i booted into ofw last week, it had a new update, so i just updated to the latest (16.0.1) then played some MK normally, then i rebooted and all good, takes like a millisecond to go green and into hekate, i then boot emunand (emmc)

and there too all good, then i open daybreak to update my cfw side to 16.0.1 as well.

so i update, and then I'm like okay let's reboot, after i reboot the chip would go purple-red/ or purple-orange then red , or purple-orange-dead nothing.

and few times purple-lime'ish green?

it just wouldn't want to work normally again, now you seem to know lot about this , please tell me what not to do to not go through this bs again.

what can affect these chips, what stuff overwrites the dat0 stuff data01 and that jazz.

and could i have mended to that issue myself maybe (without having it sent to the modder again perhaps, using jig to reset/retrain chip and all that, I've never tried that before)

thanks in advance!

It seem like your is not always glitching.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yes, you can update in CFW only, using daybreak. You can also update emummc only, and leave sysnand alone. But… if you play online games, there’s a chance you will be asked to update when you go online (I never play online, so not 100% sure).
okay, i have emummc (that is cfw is it not?)
so i can update just that side and it won't mess up that boot0 data stuff for the chip to misbehave?

you only need retrain (the chip going bit weird) when and if you update the ofw /sysnand correct?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i have emummc (that is cfw is it not?)
so i can update just that side and it won't mess up that boot0 data stuff for the chip to misbehave?

you only need retrain (the chip going bit weird) when and if you update the ofw /sysnand correct?
Almost. Cfw can be run from eMMC (sysnand) OR emummc. You generally do not want to run cfw from eMMC though. If you forget that you’re not in emummc and install something (game, tinfoil, etc) then your switch could be banned from using Nintendo services. OFW is ONLY in eMMC. And updating in OFW will rewrite boot0.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Almost. Cfw can be run from eMMC (sysnand) OR emummc. You generally do not want to run cfw from eMMC though. If you forget that you’re not in emummc and install something (game, tinfoil, etc) then your switch could be banned from using Nintendo services. OFW is ONLY in eMMC. And updating in OFW will rewrite boot0.
okay so from the menu i use i can see an option where it says cfw - emuMMC , that one is the one i can safely use and update whenever without messing anything up correct?

to be safe I'll just not update ofw anymore i guess.

i was also told the order you update the fw can mess it up , i messed it up twice by updating the ofw side first and then the cfw emummc side.

ive become so paranoid that i just wont be updating the ofw side anymore, even though my modder told me as well "as long as you update the fw in order you'll be fine" he is sending it back to me.

and i just wont bother updating it for a while i guess.

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all
just install hwfly v5 everything work like it should but im running into a little problem is when restart either from sys or emu it wont boot back to hekate have to hard reset then press the power back on and it come back on. with OFW when turn off 15 sec it will boot back on hekate like its program to. and im use 30 awg for the B point normally im using 36 awg with the instinct nx v6
Is it the v5 chip have a problem? or something else causing it to behave like that?
sd card is samsung 512GB white collor

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all
just install hwfly v5 everything work like it should but im running into a little problem is when restart either from sys or emu it wont boot back to hekate have to hard reset then press the power back on and it come back on. with OFW when turn off 15 sec it will boot back on hekate like its program to. and im use 30 awg for the B point normally im using 36 awg with the instinct nx v6
Is it the v5 chip have a problem? or something else causing it to behave like that?
sd card is samsung 512GB white collor
Whoa… sorry it’s been so long. I must have gone out to sea when you made this reply, and I can’t access this site during that time. I’m Only on this thread now because someone just “liked” one of my posts here.

In case you haven’t figured this out yet, your solution is to set autohosoff=1 or 2 in hekate_ipl.ini (under [config], not in a boot entry). Look at its github page to decide which one you want. They will both take care of that issue.

Reactions: ranma99vn

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa… sorry it’s been so long. I must have gone out to sea when you made this reply, and I can’t access this site during that time. I’m Only on this thread now because someone just “liked” one of my posts here.

In case you haven’t figured this out yet, your solution is to set autohosoff=1 or 2 in hekate_ipl.ini (under [config], not in a boot entry). Look at its github page to decide which one you want. They will both take care of that issue.
Thanks mate i didnt see that problem when im updated since then i may have a diffrent txt file before, it very good to know it if i running to that again i know where to look at cheer mate :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning