Hacking HW44 and AKAIO=not good idea now?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Ok. SO you heard my Acekard report from Manila, Philippines and they're the cheapest flashcart in the Philippines.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=167...p;#entry2120854

I got my Acekard 2i and it's color green with a square pattern rising at the middle of it. It's HW44. I tried my AKAIO (actually, it's Normatt and Smiths, but you get my picture) and when I play a game it said "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE" so I returned the product 4 hours later. I said at the clerk that the Acekard is not functioning so they got my micro SD and changed it to the fucking Acekard firmware. WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! They said it's the "loader" and I thought the LOADER was the LOADER we all know and love but NOOOOOOO it's the whole firmware. They changed the fucking firmware. It works but wait!! There's another problem, I cant load Ouedan and Pokemon Platinum. So I gave more excuse about it.

I called my mom to bring my Acekard 2i HW81 and put on their fucking faces that MY CARD IS WORKING FINE ON A ACEKARD 2i. While waiting, I opened my Acekard 2i (HW44) one more time and slap at their faces that IT'S NOT WORKING. I explain to them what's HW44 and HW81 and showed to them what that is. I told them about AKAIO and that the ACekard has 2 OSs. Finally, they agreed to changed it. Luckily, the new one is black and it's HW81. How lucky I am.

I'm using AKAIO 1.4.1 with updated WiFi and loaders before the soft reset issue. everything is updated except the loader (loader not the whole firmware as told by the clerks)

So my question, How come the HW44 can't play games when using AKAIO and some games are not accessible on the Official firmware? Can HW44 owners shed some light to me?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
So my question, How come the HW44 can't play games when using AKAIO and some games are not accessible on the Official firmware? Can HW44 owners she some light to me?

Don't know about the Acekard 2i hardware HW 44.

BTW. I have Acekard 2i with HW 80. HW 80 on Acekard is BETTER than HW 44. I bought the Acekard 2i from http://ncardcanada.com, which is an online store. What's yours?

Believe me that I'm Filipino, but I always lived in Canada for now.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Chris_Skylock said:
So my question, How come the HW44 can't play games when using AKAIO and some games are not accessible on the Official firmware? Can HW44 owners shed some light to me?

you typed alot of personal bullshit that has nothing to do with your question. anyways, your hw44 can't play anything with akaio because your hw44 is an acekard hardware clone. it is probably an r4 with a legit acekard sticker on it. try the r4 firmwares and find one that works. akaio will forever block the clone cards. as long as you use this card you can not use akaio or the akaio loaders. =) yay for akaio and boo for clones.

as for why the official firmware won't play some games, its because the official firmware sucks.

read this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158696

-another world

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
So you are saying that the "new" ones that the store got are R4 clones? No wonder they sell it that cheap. luckily, I got a bargain. lol.

I feel sorry for the other people looking for cheap acekard now.

The one I wrote is how I got an Acekard 2i HW44 so I probably tell you what happened

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
no i'm saying the store you bought it at ripped you off by selling you an acekard hardware clone with a legit acekard sticker on it. i would get my money back and order from dealextreme. if you complained and they put on the official firmware, they know its a clone and they know akaio blocks clones. isn't it obvious?

-another world

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
how does AKAIO detect clones exactly? i mean is it possible it's getting false positives on newer official hardware revisions?

and actually for that matter don't the clones load a different file from the originals? they look for a file named DS_MENU.DAT or whatever the R4's menu was called, whereas the original looks for akmenu4.nds; so wouldn't a clone return an error if it was loaded with any acekard firmware, official or AKAIO, unless the file was renamed?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
i think it was reversed engineered for the acekard hardware. the one i got was an old 2i model - HW44 - and the official firmware works on some games but not pokemon platinum and ouedan. AKAIO detects it as UNSUPPORTED DEVICE. I wonder myself about this too

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i don't think it should be told how akaio detects clones, but you should know that akaio doesn't make mistakes. they way clones are detected will not execute on the real hardware, from my knowledge.

from what i remember acekard made a deal to sell info to a company and from that came the hardware clones. i think the idea was to help out a new company, but what happened is that people are selling the much cheaper clones with legit stickers for more money! i believe the "r4" firmware is modified to run on the hardware but akaio runs natively as the hardware functions in the same way as a real acekard.

one final comment, norm devs on the 2i using his dsi most of the time. if the clone code detected his kits he would have fixed that a long time ago =).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain