Hunting for ds game, chance of fakes?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by warmo161, Apr 21, 2016.

1. warmo161
    OP

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    hi there, I'm looking to import radiant historia, (to uk) and was wondering what's the chance of buying a copy and ending up being fake?
    I was going to buy one from a Amazon reseller, is this ok? I just don't know about buying a old game from the US, that's all...

2. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I doubt there is much chance of it being a fake. I do not think many DS games got bootlegged. That was more of a GBA era kinda thing, if I am remembering correctly.

3. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Buy from a reputable seller on Amazon. I got a fake Mario Kart DS from an Amazon seller once (although it worked, I guess). The seller was banned not too long afterward.

The evidence, besides seeing seller feedback afterward, was a non standard case (different color, and thicker), different plastic used around the cartridge, and after dumping the ROM, the region code on the cartridge didn't match. I don't still have access to it since it was a gift for a relative.

4. warmo161
    OP

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    Just making sure, thanks :) the seller looks quite reputable (5 star reviews etc) so i'll place my order. Im still surprised games like that are still being printed really