Hunting for ds game, chance of fakes?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by warmo161, Apr 21, 2016.

1. warmo161
    OP

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    hi there, I'm looking to import radiant historia, (to uk) and was wondering what's the chance of buying a copy and ending up being fake?
    I was going to buy one from a Amazon reseller, is this ok? I just don't know about buying a old game from the US, that's all...

2. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I doubt there is much chance of it being a fake. I do not think many DS games got bootlegged. That was more of a GBA era kinda thing, if I am remembering correctly.

3. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Buy from a reputable seller on Amazon. I got a fake Mario Kart DS from an Amazon seller once (although it worked, I guess). The seller was banned not too long afterward.

The evidence, besides seeing seller feedback afterward, was a non standard case (different color, and thicker), different plastic used around the cartridge, and after dumping the ROM, the region code on the cartridge didn't match. I don't still have access to it since it was a gift for a relative.

4. warmo161
    OP

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    Just making sure, thanks :) the seller looks quite reputable (5 star reviews etc) so i'll place my order. Im still surprised games like that are still being printed really

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice