Hunter x Hunter manga is BACK!!!!

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Contain your orgasms.

http://www.japanator.com/hunter-x-hunter-manga-to-resume-32384.phtml

Sasaki Hisashi of Shonen Jump announced via Twitter today that not only will the Hunter x Hunter manga be resuming soon, but that it will also be releasing simultaneously in the English release of Shonen Jump. While there have been no dates mentioned yet, it might be worth considering eyeing up the English language Shonen Jump to secure your HxH fix when the anime ends.

Tweet in question:
Breaking news! Hunter×Hunter will be back.And it will be simultaneously released in English SHONENJUMP!
(@SASAKI_Hisashi)
https://twitter.com/SASAKI_Hisashi/statuses/458504611255418880

Kurapika_Returns.jpg

Reactions: locolol

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be on the front page. I see more Lunar eclipses then I see new hunter x hunter chapters.

Ill give it 2 months of new chapters before it goes back to being Hiatus x Hiatus

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So umm yeah tell a fellow Anime/Manga fan what exactly is so good about Hunter x Hunter ?

I think I only read one or two chapter and saw one episode of the Anime and something there was nothing making we want to see/read more of this, but maybe I am missing some hidden awesomeness here ... ?

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So umm yeah tell a fellow Anime/Manga fan what exactly is so good about Hunter x Hunter ?

I think I only read one or two chapter and saw one episode of the Anime and something there was nothing making we want to see/read more of this, but maybe I am missing some hidden awesomeness here ... ?

Think of it as something akin to harry potter where it starts out for younger groups but grows into material for older audiences. The stuff for the younger groups is solid, and builds characters well enough that when it does come time for the more adult material they are ready to handle it. As well as you see them go through interesting changes with having to handle such things. With the progression of the series not lingering on any arc for to long, most of them taking 10-15 episodes to get out of the way (Minus the current Chimera ant arc which has lasted more than 50 episodes). That is what makes it good, without explaining away characters, plot stuff, etc.

tl;dr: It gets shit done, and handles the stuff in a mature fashion.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think of it as something akin to harry potter where it starts out for younger groups but grows into material for older audiences. The stuff for the younger groups is solid, and builds characters well enough that when it does come time for the more adult material they are ready to handle it. As well as you see them go through interesting changes with having to handle such things. With the progression of the series not lingering on any arc for to long, most of them taking 10-15 episodes to get out of the way (Minus the current Chimera ant arc which has lasted more than 50 episodes). That is what makes it good, without explaining away characters, plot stuff, etc.

tl;dr: It gets shit done, and handles the stuff in a mature fashion.

Well said, also, watching the 1990's version is way more mature and gritty. Fits better then the watered down 2011 version.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well said, also, watching the 1990's version is way more mature and gritty. Fits better then the watered down 2011 version.
I wouldn't say watered down. The 90's version just has some things done differently due to the way animation was done back then :) When Cell animation was done right it allowed for a much more detailed feel than what anime today has. Aside from that they also left in some scenes that the writer intentionally left hanging later :( We got a movie follow up only a year ago for a scrapped plot line.

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

While I grew up watching it, the 1999 version completely cut the gory Kastro battle, and toned down the sheer violence and blood in the Yorkshin arc by getting rid of lights. The OVAs were horrible.. and the filler they added for Hisoka and Killua contradicts later events (Killua is supposed to keep his happy facade until a certain event).
The 2011 version has everything intact: the blood (initially foreground objects were obstructing it but they got better later..), the sexual/alcohol/gambling references, and the cannibalism. Aside from rushing the virtual training arc a bit and omitting a certain someone's scene in the beginning, it was a cool adaptation. Plus, it's covering the rest of the manga material.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I grew up watching it, the 1999 version completely cut the gory Kastro battle, and toned down the sheer violence and blood in the Yorkshin arc by getting rid of lights. The OVAs were horrible.. and the filler they added for Hisoka and Killua contradicts later events (Killua is supposed to keep his happy facade until a certain event).
The 2011 version has everything intact: the blood (initially foreground objects were obstructing it but they got better later..), the sexual/alcohol/gambling references, and the cannibalism. Aside from rushing the virtual training arc a bit and omitting a certain someone's scene in the beginning, it was a cool adaptation. Plus, it's covering the rest of the manga material.

Funny thing about that, right before that person appeared in the new one, I watched the first episode of the 90s anime. XD Like literally right after they used accompany and thought it was ging leading to a cliff hanger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM