Hunter x Hunter manga is BACK!!!!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by GHANMI, Apr 22, 2014.

1. GHANMI
    OP

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    Contain your orgasms.

http://www.japanator.com/hunter-x-hunter-manga-to-resume-32384.phtml

Tweet in question:
    https://twitter.com/SASAKI_Hisashi/statuses/458504611255418880

[​IMG]

locolol likes this.
  2. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    OMG, Finally!!!

3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Personally I go Hunter x Witch, but to each his own.

4. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Togashi is alive

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    Lol xD probably has to do with the chimera ant arc nearing completion in the anime. Hopefully he has some help this time round :)

6. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    This should be on the front page. I see more Lunar eclipses then I see new hunter x hunter chapters.

Ill give it 2 months of new chapters before it goes back to being Hiatus x Hiatus

7. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    So umm yeah tell a fellow Anime/Manga fan what exactly is so good about Hunter x Hunter ?

I think I only read one or two chapter and saw one episode of the Anime and something there was nothing making we want to see/read more of this, but maybe I am missing some hidden awesomeness here ... ?

8. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    Think of it as something akin to harry potter where it starts out for younger groups but grows into material for older audiences. The stuff for the younger groups is solid, and builds characters well enough that when it does come time for the more adult material they are ready to handle it. As well as you see them go through interesting changes with having to handle such things. With the progression of the series not lingering on any arc for to long, most of them taking 10-15 episodes to get out of the way (Minus the current Chimera ant arc which has lasted more than 50 episodes). That is what makes it good, without explaining away characters, plot stuff, etc.

tl;dr: It gets shit done, and handles the stuff in a mature fashion.

9. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Well said, also, watching the 1990's version is way more mature and gritty. Fits better then the watered down 2011 version.

10. TwilightWarrior

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, that means we wont have to wait like 10 years for the anime now

11. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    I wouldn't say watered down. The 90's version just has some things done differently due to the way animation was done back then :) When Cell animation was done right it allowed for a much more detailed feel than what anime today has. Aside from that they also left in some scenes that the writer intentionally left hanging later :( We got a movie follow up only a year ago for a scrapped plot line.

12. GHANMI
    OP

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    While I grew up watching it, the 1999 version completely cut the gory Kastro battle, and toned down the sheer violence and blood in the Yorkshin arc by getting rid of lights. The OVAs were horrible.. and the filler they added for Hisoka and Killua contradicts later events (Killua is supposed to keep his happy facade until a certain event).
    The 2011 version has everything intact: the blood (initially foreground objects were obstructing it but they got better later..), the sexual/alcohol/gambling references, and the cannibalism. Aside from rushing the virtual training arc a bit and omitting a certain someone's scene in the beginning, it was a cool adaptation. Plus, it's covering the rest of the manga material.

13. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    Funny thing about that, right before that person appeared in the new one, I watched the first episode of the 90s anime. XD Like literally right after they used accompany and thought it was ging leading to a cliff hanger.