Humble to permanently remove all Linux and Mac versions of games from Humble Trove

Humble Bundle logo 2.png

As Humble changes how its Choice bundles work, there's going to be a certain adverse effect for customers. Having notably offered Linux and Mac versions of games since even its very first Humble Indie Bundle, the cross-platform offerings will be limited going forward, at least, when it comes to Humble Trove.

Humble Trove is a perk given to Humble Choice subscribers, and comes with over 70 DRM-free titles for players to access. Usually, these games, if they have a Linux or Mac version available, will be included as an option. However, starting on February 1, as Humble moves to its new launcher, all non-Windows DRM-free versions of games offered through Humble Trove will no longer be available to download.

Humble has notified users by telling them they have a limited time to grab the Linux and Mac versions of any games in the Humble Trove, before they lose access for good. Meanwhile, the Windows versions of the DRM-free games will still be available, through the new Humble launcher as part of the Humble Games Collection, which appears to exist as a replacement to Trove, and will be an app exclusive to Windows.

:arrow: Source

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still stand by my stance that functionally speaking, a Mac is not superior to a Windows PC, just saying.
Crapple Just think they are btw i own a mac mini 2012 andv upgrade it you'dd be supprised about using a Razer core X and kryptonite bootloader can do (2012's are not officically supported by any egpu but with a thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter plus the kryptonite bootloader works great and also works on windows 10 bootcamp with some mods to the config file

Reactions: Tiger21820

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll just shut my mouth then. I just think Apple products are overpriced.
So is Alienware and a bunch of other "premium" manufacturers. Nobody is buying a Mac for gaming, but many people buy Mac's for content creation where neither Linux nor Windows are on the same level, or because they're familiar with the system for some reason. They also usually just work better out of the box than windows which might be worth it to people that don't want to spend time trying to troubleshoot every driver update.

They haven't been aimed at enthusiasts and tinkerers in a long time, and I wouldn't buy one myself either, but I'm also not the target demography.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know, theyre dropping platforms just to push their useless launcher though. gog does it better in every way for example
GOG is a winner in my book as long as they don't do a 180 on their drm free stace (which why piss off a userbase you had since you started

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is Alienware and a bunch of other "premium" manufacturers. Nobody is buying a Mac for gaming, but many people buy Mac's for content creation where neither Linux nor Windows are on the same level, or because they're familiar with the system for some reason. They also usually just work better out of the box than windows which might be worth it to people that don't want to spend time trying to troubleshoot every driver update.

They haven't been aimed at enthusiasts and tinkerers in a long time, and I wouldn't buy one myself either, but I'm also not the target demography.
apple is more of a cult now and their anti right to repair lobbying is pissing me off greatly i bought a mac mini to more see how mac OS ticks as i might go into third party repair and refurb

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still stand by my stance that functionally speaking, a Mac is not superior to a Windows PC, just saying.
For gaming, maybe (especially ever since Apple refused to allow Nvidia to release GPU drivers for macs). But Mac OS is a full Unix system. It's like a gateway drug for Linux, and definitely a good choice for anyone not confident enough to jump into Linux yet.

Also, fuck you Humble. You lost me as a customer.

Reactions: Henx and Chary

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People game on Mac OS? Lol.
To be fair, back when the Athlon 64 debuted, my first exposure to max settings gaming was UT 2004... On the dual processor Mac G5.

First time ever I was able to hear the announcer go "Holy shit!" At the settings, and on the 2560*1600 30" monitor as well? That was a level of fidelity and screen size my kid brain couldn't comprehend. Yet wanted so badly after leaving the Apple store.

Seems if anything, Epic's port to the Mac was exceptionally good and flew on those CPUs. Nothing on the PC side could yet compare.

So, there was a glimmer of hope. Even if on just one game.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Linux I can see, but Mac OS? Who TF buys a Mac to exclusively game with? Save money and get a real gaming PC to install Linux on it.
That is the most PC Gamer Purist thing I have seen all Friday.

I literally own a shite office computer with better specs than a ton of prebuilt PC's.

• Sad
Reactions: Snintendog

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Fixed.
Anything Apple should be shunned until they make devices worth buying.
YES.

Until a new major innovation in iPhone tech comes out, I'm not upgrading my phone.
I stopped at XR because it was affordable and FaceID was cool so why not.
But nothing good has happened in like 4 years.
Who the heck goes through four generations of products only to add:
11: A second splitoff camera
12: A third camera
SE2: only 1 camera, touch ID, and maybe an OK processor
13: replaced the third camera with a fat-arse cinema camera

The iPhone 16 finna look like a Nikon D3500.

Reactions: Maq47

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i know, theyre dropping platforms just to push their useless launcher though. gog does it better in every way for example
Be real, if you had the possibility and the mean to "sell your stuff" yourself, would you let someone else do it and take part of the income ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs