Humble Store now sells digital Nintendo Switch and 3DS titles

tumblr_pkus2fCPa21r2lwp2o1_1280.png

As of today, you'll be able to purchase select Nintendo games from the Humble Store. Over 40 different titles ranging from the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS libraries are available on the storefront, alongside Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions. For now, it's strictly limited to United States customers only, with no mention of it being rolled out to other regions. All the games are the same price as they would be on the Nintendo eShop, offering no distinct purchase bonus or discount, but instead providing customers an alternative way to buy their games. While Nintendo and Humble Bundle have worked together in the past to offer indie bundles for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, this will be the first time that both companies enter this sort of partnership, which may hopefully lead to some interesting deals sometime in the future.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Games List

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US only, pathetic. We’re in the future now, there is no country exclusivity or shouldn’t be.
Another reason to cheer on the hackers

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
US only is annoying, but at least this is a start. Also, buying the games like this lets you get a key for them, meaning it's FINALLY possible to buy game keys to gift to people since you can't "buy as gift" on 3DS for example, not even from the official website!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...just out of curiosity: can anyone give the actual game list? I get that they want sales to be region only at first, but right now they're only showing the banner to me. Result: it's almost as if nintendo is presenting games like destiny 2, metro exodus and call of duty 4 (they're the current specials/featured games). :P

So this is like a humble bundle or am I reading this wrong?
Humble has expanded beyond bundles to having a store for well over a year now. It's not that different from other online stores, perhaps with the exception that there is usually a percentage going to charity. Whether that also goes for nintendo games is (as @leon315 mentions) a good question. I have honestly no idea. :unsure:

Reactions: radicalwookie

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo should move off the hardware scene and go headlong into producing multi platform games, I want to play Mario kart on my PC and Animal crossing on my smartphone kthx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol