Hulu plus vs. Netflix

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Helpful Corn, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Helpful Corn
    OP

Helpful Corn GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    United States
    Does anyone here have both? Which service is better and why?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Netflix sucks now. No good movies. Can't speak for Hulu Plus, however.

3. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I have Netflix and I did a Hulu Plus trial. Netflix is way better.

4. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    I haven't tried Hulu plus, but Netflix is good for me. It's more about tv shows and anime now than it is about movies.

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Yeah, once I started looking into TV shows, I started enjoying Netflix a lot more.

6. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    I would say hulu plus is only worth it to me if there's shows on it that you *must* watch like next day air. I used a hulu plus trial and then paid one month more and then decided to freeze my membership since there was nothing good on that I was interested in. If every show was available for non-PC devices, I may reconsider.

I did notice that the later seasons of family guy played in widescreen format, while on netflix, they're still on 4:3. Maybe I'm just trippin it's like 1am.

But $8 for netflix gives me a million movies i could never watch, plus some of my favorite tv shows like stargate
    hulu plus (I only watch on my bluray, not really into watching on my computer) for $8 plus commercials only gave me a couple new tv shows every week that i could probably find reruns of on tv.

7. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    Netflix is overall better. The only thing Hulu has that it doesnt is current seasons of shows, even you bizzarely still get commercails even when you pay.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Unknown
    I don't agree with spending $8 a month to watch a bunch of TV shows only to have to suffer from watching the irritating commercials. Hulu Plus should give people the option to block them. Netflix doesn't have commercials, but it seems the greedy douchebag movie industry pulled a lot of movies from there.

9. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    This is a good question. I was waiting for 1-2 months for Hulu to come out for the 3DS before I purchased any services, but then I saw Netflix had all my favorite shows on it so I just purchased the service. Still feel like an ass for waiting, I now don't see the point in Hulu Plus.