Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hulu Plus Coming to Xbox Live
The popular streaming service is coming for all Live members.
April 28, 2011

Starting tomorrow, April 29, all Xbox Live members will be able to use Hulu Plus for free on their 360. This free period only lasts until May 6, and is coming via a promotion from Jack Link's Beef Jerky.

After May 6, only Hulu Plus members will be able to continue using the service. Hulu Plus costs $7.99 a month.

Source: IGN.com

*snip

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
"best selling console"
tn_424.JPG

ppkhoa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, let's find out tomorrow.
@machomuu: Well, you got to admit, the number of Xbox 360 consoles is more than Wii and PS3 (just read a report somewhere ...)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hulu really lost its appeal to me when I can just do, you know, piracy.

Pirate an entire season of a show and get it in better quality without annoying advertisements and the stuff. Or I can also get recent shows with the same benefits. It's how I've stayed up to date on Dexter (which isn't on Hulu), for example.

The service itself seems pretty stupid though. I'm already paying roughly $5 a month (at least) for Xbox Live Gold. Why should I pay another $8 for Hulu? I might as well get a Netflix subscription and get that on the Xbox. It won't get current shows but once it comes out on DVD, you've got the whole season.

I'm also pretty patient so I don't care if it takes a couple of months to get to DVD.

ppkhoa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At first, I think they don't have ads for Hulu Plus. But actually, they have. Hulu Plus is subscription for people who want to watch new episode of a program and still have ads. (They can go to the website of the broadcaster like NBC, Fox ... to watch it for free.) Why do we still have to PAY for ADS...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Let's see...program my DVR and catch many more episodes than Hulu Plus, and then I can fast forward through commercials...FOR FREE

or...I can pay $8, not guaranteeing access to a full season, and I have to sit through commercials.

Yeah....Hulu Plus sounds awesome.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hulu is shit, especially if you aren't American. Actually, American networks as a whole are stupid, Hulu blocks outsiders from streaming episodes and you can't watch South Park on South Park Studios unless you are American. Funny, we freely broadcast streams from sports games here in Canada to those outside the country.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
First, the best selling console line is false. Wii is the best selling console around and has been for awhile.

I already knew about Hulu too, but I am disappointed to know that it is just Hulu Plus. All it is, for those that don't know, a way to watch even more episodes past the most recent five that Hulu is allowed to show for free. I can't say for sure about the ads, but as they are a major part of how Hulu gets cash, I would imagine that they are still there to make you waste time.

My friend was anticipating Hulu, not sure if he knew it would only be Plus. Regardless, I'm sure he won't be using the service now. He knows how to use the internet.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a email. Sign in to XBL, and go to Hulu Plus in the Dashboard. They're giving everyone a free 1 week trial. Just thought I'd mention it. Oh, you might wanna sign up before May 6th, as that's when the promotion ends(?).

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of putting Hulu on the Xbox, but I might only use it for new episodes that are not availiable on Netflix. Also, they should put the original free Hulu on the Xbox as well, not HuluPlus only, just add the extra movies and shows to the HuluPlus accounts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night