Hulk smaaaaash!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Went to see this tonight and it was awesome! I've never read the comics or watched the cartoons, the only memories I've got of The Hulk are the old TV series, so I don't know how close it is to them. It kind of reminded me of the old TV series in some of the ways it was done, and some of the shots were obvious nods to it, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing to Hulk fans.

It's a very very different movie to the last one, which I've never really been a fan of. The pacing is much stronger, with the opening sequence being the lab accident. It doesn't take very long at all before we see The Hulk, although in the first scene we only see quick flashes and teasing glimpses. Don't worry though it's not long after that that we see him again in his full CGI glory.

The CGI in it is much better and much more effective than the last attempt. It looks less like an advert for a range of toys, and actually looks menacing. The effects are great, although you can tell it's all CGI obviously. Edward Norton is fantastic in the lead role (when isn't he though) and adds alot of humanity to the role. I think Eric Bana is great but I didn't really like him in the role, Edward Norton on the other hand draws you into the character. Liv Tyler is Liv Tyler, to be honest I've never been a big fan of her except in Jersey Girl.

Definitely ALOT of action in it, but with a great story as well. Is it better than Iron Man? No, but it was just as good in my opinion.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to watch it then, I know some of the comics and I watched the old cartoons from watching the tapes of it when I was little.

I know that the first one was a really big disappointment as a movie. It was so slow and horribly directed I was too busy trying to claw my eyes out and I have yet to figure out if the story was on track with what I know or not. I was so mad when I saw one. I had seen every worthwhile action scene in the trailer--I'm glad I didn't pay to watch that mess.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a ticket to see it. My little brother did the same. He was short 1 ticket and needed to buy another one for his girl. So he stole mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol