Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The newest revision of the Nintendo DS has launched in Japan. Reports indicate it has been met with impressive sales. In its first week on the market the DSi:LL sold over 100,000 units. That's quite a feat for a system that's already sold over 20 million units in Japan alone. The following week sales remained strong with the DSi:LL moving another 70,000 units, this despite reports of hardware shortages....

Huge DS Gets Huge Sales

yaynds.gif

I guess its off to a great start. Cant wait for US release!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hell, maybe not even just older people.
Some guys have pretty big hands, too big for something like the DS Lite.
Sure DS Phat is big, but the screens are terrible on them, and its stylus is more like a toothpick!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
deanxxczx said:
yay?
+1, I'm not sure how I should feel about this
unsure.gif
On one hand, it doesn't look that bad or anything (the black one looks best IMO), but...it's basically the same thing but bigger...

QUOTE(Hop2089 @ Dec 4 2009, 09:04 PM) You mean middle aged people, anyway I wonder what they play, I don't see very many DS games geared for the middle age crowd.
Imagine: OAP?
rolleyes.gif
smileipb2.png

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
You mean middle aged people, anyway I wonder what they play, I don't see very many DS games geared for the middle age crowd.
You don't know many middle aged people with DS's do you? I think you'd be surprised, Legend of Zelda or Lego anyone? I'd mention Professor Layton but that one's kind of obvious. It's not so strange though, don't forget arcade videogames started in the 70's
wink.gif

I'm not surprised by the lure of the DSi XL, but I am surprised it's sold so many units when Id've thought most of the people who want a DS would have one by now. I'd be interested to see a figure of how many of those people are new users compared to how many are replacing their consoles.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refuse to buy another DS until they beef it up (a lot).

DSL still contends with the best for now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FestusArrestUs said:
Edgedancer said:
Good. I like Nintendo succeeding but I wish they would finally announce new hardware.

Its probably another 2 years away.

DSi seems like the gameboy color of this line.

Well, Nintendo will always give a periodic "upped" version of their handhelds.

The Gameboy had the Gameboy Color (although I really think they're almost seperate handhelds). The Gameboy Advance had the SP. The DS has the DSi. I'd say the XL is the GBA Micro of the DS, except insanely popular.

Maybe once my DS Phat dies and I have the cash, I'll get one of these when they go stateside. I hate "small" and "sleek" electronics. I want my electronics to be sturdy and big.

D

Deleted User

Hop2089 said:
You mean middle aged people, anyway I wonder what they play, I don't see very many DS games geared for the middle age crowd.
This boarders on offensive. Way to alienate a whole section of the boards community, good job. Just remember us oldies are the ones who ushered in video and PC gaming for you little tweenies. We are in fact more than likely the ones who decide what you see in video games at all. We'll see how your attitude changes when you become older assuming you haven't killed yourself or been killed.

I am an older member and I look into most of the new releases. Just so you know.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Something I've been thinking about: won't the larger screens make touch screen based games slightly harder?

For example, in EBA you'll have to move further to reach beats in the same amount of time, or move along sliders faster.

FestusArrestUs

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kaos said:
Something I've been thinking about: won't the larger screens make touch screen based games slightly harder?

For example, in EBA you'll have to move further to reach beats in the same amount of time, or move along sliders faster.

That's a very good point. I'm also concerned about image quality.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am sooooo surprise with the huge sale for DSi LL/XL
I thought it will be the same sale with PSPGo which is quite unsatisfied and now it go HUGE Sale..
Anyway,I am a Nintendo Fansboy..Glad to hear this
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1