Huawei says their new phone is a better portable gaming machine than the Nintendo Switch

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, I just now remembered Playstation controllers have four buttons for the D-pad like Switch. Does that mean Sony has never had a "proper" D-pad? Definitely didn't seem to keep them from being successful in any way. :unsure:
The difference is those 4 buttons are actually one solid piece of plastic underneath the shell where as the switch controller is 4 separate pieces though by far the vita still has the best dpad to date.

james50a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder how long the battery would last, if the phone had to play a game like Mario Odyssey or any other console game.

Not saying mobile games are bad, but that phone simply doesn't play the same games as the Switch does.
I find it funny reading this thread with all the people praising the switch while forgetting its guts are just a converted Nvidia shield tablet. Phones hands down more powerful than the switch in every way, the switch is just recycled tablet parts.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny reading this thread with all the people praising the switch while forgetting its guts are just a converted Nvidia shield tablet. Phones hands down more powerful than the switch in every way, the switch is just recycled tablet parts.
But like others have said, it's the games that matter when you're talking about a gaming platform.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ITT: a lot of ignorance.

If you don't know it, phone gaming in China is on the rise. More importantly, several mobile games came out in the last few years that just really want to be in the esports community. One of these games is Arena of Valor, a very popular MOBA mobile game that was recently launched on the switch. A comparison was inevitable.

Also, while a lot of games on phones are shit or don't need physical buttons, don't forget that a lot of developers are afraid to make something decent for mobile because of the outstanding piracy numbers on Android. Imagine a game like Mario Odyssey for a platform where 9 people out of 10 downloaded an apk instead of purchasing the game.

Overall, this seems to be targeted to those into esports. The mobile esports are growing fast so the success of this phone isn't that impossible.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh wait you're serious let me laugh harder. falls to the floor in hysterics. thinking a phone is a game console, what next a phone that allows sexual favors and rewards with bitcoin? grow up mobile phone users consoles are for gaming not phones you morons!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night