HP Warranty Problems

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent in a Compaq laptop to be fixed due to manufacturing defects.
It's a known issue.

They are trying to tell me now that it's "Evaluting Customer Damage" or whatever.
In other words, the reason the laptop simply stopped turning on one day is because of something I've done.

I know that's untrue because the laptop just sits on my desk and never moves.

The only things I've done to it is put in more RAM and a bigger hard drive.
But it worked fine since then.

Also, my laptop has the same exact problem that a million other people have due to manufacturing errors.

So what can I do?
I've read some horror stories about them keeping laptops for months just trying to get the issue resolved.
I can believe it. So far a "technician" was supposed to call me twice and hasn't.

So is there any special number I can call to get me through to the repair technicians, some kind of email, anything I can say?
Thanks for any advice!

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You added a new HD and some RAM?? how dare you mess with the insides! You should just have bought a new one!!!1

Anyways, If you are just looking at some electronic tracking thing that doesn't really mean much as it could be the stage they got to before they went home for the night and just looks like they are seriously looking at stuff for a long time.
I think littles post shows typical attitude of these types where any unlicensed modifications are frowned upon and will try to void any warranty even for something simple and stupid.
If you didn't use their brand components then the system was obviousy doomed as they cant control compatibility and function of other manufacturers satanic parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat