HP Pavillion dv9000 Graphic glitches

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Justinde75, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Last edited by Justinde75, Mar 10, 2016
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Is this an Nvidia laptop by any chance? I will have to look up the model number but it looks about the right age to be one of the many of the HP ones that saw the graphics chips go (there was a big lawsuit even).

When in Windows it will be using the graphics chip, BIOS kind of as well but the logo will probably be before it does. Quick test then is does it do it in safe mode? You might then be able to forcefully uninstall the graphics drivers and have it still work that way. Otherwise it is on the way out and there is not a lot you can do I am afraid -- no point in replacing the motherboard, reflow barely does anything and you are unlikely to be able find and fit a proper graphics chip for it.

3. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Yeah just wanted to try it out.
    I'll try if i can boot into safe mode

4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    While having that issue would be a major pain in the ass, I have to admit, it looks cool. I don't think I've seen anything like this happen with a graphics card. Only minor graphical glitches such as the contrast increasing suddenly, which is fixed upon rebooting.
    If my computer's graphics card shat itself like that, I'd probably end up messing around with the computer just to see what kind of graphical glitches will result.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Alas Alberta is probably enough to make postage sting a bit. Were you closer you could have some of the 6 or so I have around here that failed that way, though I might have to put some RAM and a HDD back in.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  6. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Its quite fun to watch youtube videos with it lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But it gives me a massive headache

Tomato Hentai likes this.