Working on Project Heaven!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
XP
Country
United States
I try to install Ubuntu (System freezes for like 30 mins then uncompression error system halted) everything else freezes! When i try to install win7 (original os) it says i cant use that hd! every other linux distro and stuff freezes any reccomendations? Been trying to fix this pc for like a year or a couple months ;) I came to gbatemp since everyone here answers quick :P :D any suggestions/answers? EDIT: the only os that works is extremely slow loading PORTEUS! (live cd only)

Last edited by olec04,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
As mentioned, it does sound like the hard drive for that laptop is practically dead. An educated guess would be that the "uncompression error" would be from the drive encountering an IO error whilst trying to unpack one of the OS data stores, and Windows 7 refusing to use the drive probably means the drive's SMART status is reporting too many errors to be used as a system drive.

My suggestion if you really want to get the laptop running, is buy another HDD or even a SDD (the performance gain is usually worth it in laptops).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)