OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
As the title says...
It's not working sometimes and then the next day it works.. Just this after I turned the laptop off, tried to turn it on again and it's not charging again.
i examined the charger and didnt see noticeable damage, the battery is still working too. i hope it will work later on or tomorrow but can someone tell me some causes, troubleshooting or solutions?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had the same problem, seems like it is a cable in the adapter that is loose. you have to buy a new one, fix it yourself by open the adapter or if you still have warranty on it you can contact hp or the store you bought it from.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking the same way too
frown.gif
do you know the minimunm cost of an hp g60 445dx? has a rounded shape with a thin and tiny metal.
damn i hope it works
mad.gif

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, the cable's fucked. It might occasionally work, it's going to get worse and become a fire hazard. Just buy a decent quality universal adapter. Cooler Master make some good ones.

Otherwise, if you get a legit HP replacement, wrap lots of electrical tape around the wire where it leaves the transformer and heads towards your laptop. That's where they usually fail, so you'll want to protect that from occurring in the new one.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your PC can power on with the AC and no battery, then its the third connector in the charger or socket. When battery is in normally the PC battery icon will say plugged in, not charging.

If it is the cable, you should be able to wiggle it and get it to charge in some certain spot like a broken headphone. If the computer can't turn when it is plugged in without a battery it is most likely the charger, or possibly the socket.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happend to me aswell

I had to get the charger in a certain spot.

But you take it to any computer show they will fix it up for you
smile.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
when me charger was like that i though it was the part that you stick into the computer that was loose,
i tryed to spin it a little and press. Not a good idea since somehow my Moderboard got toasted...
Luckly i didn't have to pay to have it fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: