Hacking Discussion how's your experience with SX OS 2.0 with system version 6.0?

daijobu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys! I stayed in 1.6, with system at 5.3, because I find the version to be pretty stable. But I've been getting a really frequent freezing issue with one particular XCI game under TV mode and I'm wondering if I should update to see if the problem would be solved. I read a post saying that several games he played now freezes from time to time under 2.0. Has anyone else experienced this or other similar issues with SX OS 2.0 under 6.0? Thanks for sharing your inputs.

jslay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been just fine. No issues with EmuNAND. Keep all my legit stuff in OFW, all the rest in EmuNAND, and have received no bans or had any real issues at all. Was playing a legitimately purchased copy of Rocket League in OFW every few nights for a couple hours.

I also havent had any freezing issues under CFW while playing games, granted I don't play with it docked.

Last edited by jslay,

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard some games stopped working on it? Is this true? I'm on sx os 2.0 but I'm still on 5.1. Not sure if I should update to 6.0

jslay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't YET. SX OS 2.0 doesn't jive well with OFW 6.0 yet, lots of issues for most people
I guess I don't fall in most. But I haven't done anything special or different to get a smooth stable system.

Heck, even was playing pSNES super mario world most of last night.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I heard doom, the messenger, Xenoblade.
Can you also test NBA 2k19? That one stopped working for me, but I'm on 5.1 firmware with the sx os 2.0
I can test these later tonight when I get home.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess I don't fall in most. But I haven't done anything special or different to get a smooth stable system.

Heck, even was playing pSNES super mario world most of last night.

Yeah see that's what i find the strangest thing, this isn't an issue that has been affecting EVERYONE

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Question: I have a brand new in box (hackable lower than XAW10078XX) and have all the right tools (SX PRO) to get the ball rolling. Switch came with original FW4.1 stocked. Should I update my "virgin" Switch to the latest FW6.0 (officially) then use it with SX OS 2.0 to move forward? I know some people are having issues with certain games not booting up. Any suggestions on how I should tackle this? Much thanks in advance!

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been just fine. No issues with EmuNAND. Keep all my legit stuff in OFW, all the rest in EmuNAND, and have received no bans or had any real issues at all. Was playing a legitimately purchased copy of Rocket League in OFW every few nights for a couple hours.

I also havent had any freezing issues under CFW while playing games, granted I don't play with it docked.

This is what i like to hear. Gonna keep tabs on this as my plan is to purchase SX os a couple weeks before smash bros comes out. Smash bros is the only game i want to play online so if i can do all my cfw needs within emunand and use my legit stuff with OFW then thats the dream. I already have a clean nand backup. Lets hope u stay unbanned until then!! lol.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I'm on fw 6.0 and using sx os 2.0 on it, It's still a bit on the buggy side and would even freeze your switch from time to time. I went back to the more stable 1.9 ver and never had any more issues with my switch.

Reactions: daijobu

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on fw 6.0 and using sx os 2.0 on it, It's still a bit on the buggy side and would even freeze your switch from time to time. I went back to the more stable 1.9 ver and never had any more issues with my switch.
Are you using the nsp version of retronx on sx os 1.9, and it works?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on SX 2.0 Emu with unlinked Sys. No issue so far on the OS itself. Some known games are having issue with layeredfs (atmosphere, rei, raj as well). For me Okami HD wont create savedata on the first place (existed savedata works). Game update for Messenger will fix the issue. Anyway just don't play games having layeredfs's bug.

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna hold out on updating to firmware 6.0.. I'll wait until TX updates their sx os. From what I gathered, sx os 2.0 is buggy on 6.0 firmware.

halvfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tried emunand but it kept crashing so I went back to 1.9. Will try 2.1 when it's out.

I have same problems with or without emunand. Went back to 1.9 and left emunand partition to wait next version. I alsio found out that there are memory leaks (?) with some games like Worms or Banner Saga. System crash after sleeping when I try to continue gaming.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Sucks because I was enjoying installing themes and customizing my switch on sx os 2.0 but forced to downgrade back to 1.9 because some of the games became unstable.

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My experiences so far:

- Emunand on 5.1 and original nand on 6.0 doesn´t work (sleep mode crash), seems to be a fuse problem, both nands on 6.0 should work.

- Games i tried so far all work on 2.0&6.0, haven´t tried one of the mentioned ones above.

- Custom NSPs work with 2.0 (not with 1.9)

- Layered FS works with 2.0&6.0 (NES rom and cleaning mods work), also Themes work on 2.0&6.0 if you use the whole qlaunch6 and not just the common.szs

- Layered FS doesn´t work with 1.9&2.0 (ovious, they stated this in the notes)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16