Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the realisation that I've been working from home for 8 weeks now, I thought is interesting to know how others are doing?

I already WFH 2 days a week beforehand so the adaption wasn't too difficult as all I had to do was permanently leave my work laptop on my desk next to my PC and dual screens. The issues I have has been the blurring from home life to work life, especially as I have to work on weekends and public holidays as part on the ongoing response to COVID19 as I categorised as a key worker. This isn't helped as where I sleep and work in the same room (I live with my parents). While I have more time then before, I'm finding this is being taken up by more admin in sorting out my parents affairs (medication, finances etc) as they cannot use the internet and they can't leave the house due to their age and health conditions.

How's going for the rest of you?

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I previously worked from home 2 days a week. Now, I'm full time at home and its a struggle.

People want video calls every 5 minutes that last way longer than they should. People want to call about things that are a 2-minute slack conversation. Having others around the house makes it harder to get work done too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was already planning to have a bit of a holiday this part of the year so there is that, and frankly I am treating it like one anyway.

Technically work from home at all hours prior to this little panic; doing the self employed thing I can't be arsed to pay for an office/workshop and never bought the need to separate work and home life or maintain a schedule, or indeed even keep a separate room or device for it all, and tools are tools.
Obviously not much in the way of site visits or random wandering around sites though.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Crap. I work from home anyway, so no change there. But that the wife’s working from home as well, I have to put up with complaints about the volume of my music. Sooner this is over the better :D

britt4x4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TBH it's not that different from how I usually live haha. I have 2 dogs and a boyfriend to keep me amused, only sad thing is that my switch died yesterday, but I still have a good desktop.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Working at home has gotten from genius to meh for me.

Since I would work from home at least 2-3 days per month anyway it wasnt that much of a change and felt pretty good. Also I had all the equipment I needed for work.
But going on week after week, I have gotten more and more tedious of it since I need to talk to the production staff and the planning staff asw. Currently its not able for me to do so. This is getting partly frustrating.

Thats why I ressurected the Hype Train Might! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb