salamence502 : you may use wine for BatchDPG and Open Office
tongue.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hrmm I'm glad their aren't so many vista haters here but no doubt there will always be a few.

I remember when XP came out and everyone was saying they'd never use it and stick with windows 98. pretty much the same concerns but everyone eventually moved to it.

Vista worked fine for me but my USB MIDI keyboard didn't have drivers so I went back to XP until they get that sorted out. I'll be upgrading when SP1 is released most likely
wink.gif

Julee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly the only grief I have with vista has nothing to do with Microsoft, it has a lot to do with Nvidia, who fails to deliver working graphics drivers for their hardware on vista that predates the 7000 series. In fact, if I use official Nvidia drivers, my display goes completely messed up and intolerable. I contacted the manufacturer of the video card and Nvidia and both of them say its something to do with how Vista handles their driver, now to me that sounds like excuses, because the operating system should not have to work around the drivers, the drivers should work around the operating system. XFX states that drivers will be working post-sp1, I say bullshit.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm fine with XP, changing to Vista it's not really that necessary. I'll wait some time, a year maybe. Or i'll probably go for a Mac.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know it's tempting, but unless you really wanna play some DX10 games just hold off for a while. My PC runs Vista fine, but there is just too much stuff that either simply doesn't work, or it does work but not how it should. So I'm back to XP until Vista gets these issues fixed.

...Or you could make some space on your hard drive for a vista partition (using something like acronis disk director, or gparted if you are unable to obtain acronis), install it without a key, and enjoy your 30 (I think it's 30 anyway) day trial
smile.gif

Then you can fiddle around, decide if you like it or not, then delete the partition once you're done. It'll be dual-boot so you can still run XP at any time - beware though, because Vista overwrites the MBR on your hard drive: there is a nice guide here detailing what you should do.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would love to get Vista, but I will not do it until I buy a new PC.
My PC is still pretty good, but I'm sure in a year or two when I get a new one Vista will be already installed into it......not much of a choice !
On another related note, I have XP home edition( and I'm really comfortable with it ), but I have an XP professional SP2 installation CD laying around and I was wondering if it's advisable to install it on my computer.
I mean what advantage does it have over the Home edition ?
Does anybody know ?
I would really appreciate some help .

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using vista on my laptop for the past 2 months. The laptop was new and came with vista installed. My only problem I had with it, was when I first got it I decided to install an older version of alchol 120%. Vista didn't like my driver and I buggered up the whole vista install. Safe mode wouldn't work either. I've had to reinstall it again. Since then, no problems.

I have 1gb of ram in the laptop and vista seems to run fine. I don't play games on the pc anyway and my laptop wouldn't handle the newer games. So I haven't tried any pc games on it, though most are meant to work. So far I like vista, only other problem I had was with the networking. It took ages for my windows xp pc to show. All I had to do was change the network names to the same name. The other good thing I like about vista, I've never got any spyware since its been installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @SylverReZ great to see you here