How's the K101 Revo these days?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Skyline969, May 7, 2015.

1. Skyline969
    OP

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I've had my eye on the K101 Revo for a while now, but in the past I know it had one major dealbreaking flaw with handling game saves. From what I've heard that issue has been resolved in a firmware update. The fact that this is a hardware clone and not an emulator is what appeals to me the most, as I have had my fair share of portable emulators in the past (Dingoo A320, GCW Zero, PSP 1000/2000/3000/Go, Nvidia Shield, the list goes on). I want an actual hardware solution for multiplayer and Gamecube connectivity.

Without getting further into detail on my choices regarding other GBA hardware, what do people think of the K101 Revo these days? Has it improved with firmware updates? Would it be your daily driver? Is there anything the average consumer should be aware of that isn't immediately obvious about the device?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. ruilong

ruilong GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2012
    United States
    Well, the save file issues had been well solved. The new firmware had been done even for the new REVO K101 PLUS. You can follow us on Twitter@ k1gbasp to get the latest news on it. Or dray email to us for any issues you concerned. Our email address is: k1gbasp@gmail.com

3. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    I use mine almost exclusively. The hum/buzzing that it makes is annoying (although they apparently mitigated that with the PLUS). The form factor and button feel aren't as good as the originals, but it's an alright system.

I do like that it saves to actual GBA carts (another clone I got a while back saves to the system), that things like rumble and solar sensors work, and that it has the ext port functionality. Definitely puts it's above other clones.

4. ZakDendy

ZakDendy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    Southampton
    Is this the best clone?? What's this like compared to the original GBA SP?