MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've had my eye on the K101 Revo for a while now, but in the past I know it had one major dealbreaking flaw with handling game saves. From what I've heard that issue has been resolved in a firmware update. The fact that this is a hardware clone and not an emulator is what appeals to me the most, as I have had my fair share of portable emulators in the past (Dingoo A320, GCW Zero, PSP 1000/2000/3000/Go, Nvidia Shield, the list goes on). I want an actual hardware solution for multiplayer and Gamecube connectivity.

Without getting further into detail on my choices regarding other GBA hardware, what do people think of the K101 Revo these days? Has it improved with firmware updates? Would it be your daily driver? Is there anything the average consumer should be aware of that isn't immediately obvious about the device?

Thanks in advance for your input.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the save file issues had been well solved. The new firmware had been done even for the new REVO K101 PLUS. You can follow us on Twitter@ k1gbasp to get the latest news on it. Or dray email to us for any issues you concerned. Our email address is: [email protected]

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I use mine almost exclusively. The hum/buzzing that it makes is annoying (although they apparently mitigated that with the PLUS). The form factor and button feel aren't as good as the originals, but it's an alright system.

I do like that it saves to actual GBA carts (another clone I got a while back saves to the system), that things like rumble and solar sensors work, and that it has the ext port functionality. Definitely puts it's above other clones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.