Trophies
XP
Country
nano351 said:
Juanmatron said:
12345 said:
the emulator is too slow for some games though, but its playable for many

FIXED.
why'd you change it? Obviously the wii's hardware is worse than the hardware in a playstation 1.
The Wii hardware is not worse than the playstation 1 hardware
wii CPU is 729 MHz vs ps1 CPU is 33.8688 MHz and ps1 has the worse CPU.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wii is not too slow, the emulator either.
The only thing making the game slow is the media (SD, samba, usb1.1)
Use the USB2.0 Mod and load the games from USB, then all games works fulls speed, even more because you need a frame limiter.
all the game I tested so far have good speed, both 2D and 3D games.

Trophies
XP
Country
It lagged for me when i ran around in traffic firing machinegun in GTA, thats where I got it from, I got the feeling of to poor hardware for emulator to run 100% (doesnt really matter if Wii got better specs than PSX since its emulating and that requires more), but I can be wrong
wink.gif
Doesnt seem like media transfer from SD should be the issue when Im running around shooting.

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sound is alot better, but it's far from perfect though. I only tested two games so far; Tekken 3 and Medievil. Medievil runs almost perfectly (video and sound-wise) if you use dynarec, turn off frame skip and do not limit fps. Tekken 3's video runs alright I guess but the music is really laggy. If you turn off the sound on tekken it might run smoother but then you won't get the full experience if that bothers you.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
12345 said:
It lagged for me when i ran around in traffic firing machinegun in GTA, thats where I got it from, I got the feeling of to poor hardware for emulator to run 100% (doesnt really matter if Wii got better specs than PSX since its emulating and that requires more), but I can be wrong
wink.gif
Doesnt seem like media transfer from SD should be the issue when Im running around shooting.

Do yo know the significance of the word "beta"?

Wii/GC can emulate N64 100% speed and has more power than PS1. Only needs “recompile” N64 standard r4300 MIPS machine code into Gamecube and Wii native PowerPC machine code. The same of PS1, because N64/PS1 use MIPS and Wii/GC uses a PowerPC, different architecture.

One question more for you. Did you know to emulate a machine, you need one 5 times more powerful to work 100%?

What a noob...

Trophies
XP
Country
Juanmatron said:
12345 said:
wink.gif

Wii/GC can emulate N64 100% speed and has more power than PS1. Only needs “recompile” N64 standard r4300 MIPS machine code into Gamecube and Wii native PowerPC machine code. The same of PS1, because N64/PS1 use MIPS and Wii/GC uses a PowerPC, different architecture.

One question more for you. Did you know to emulate a machine, you need one 5 times more powerful to work 100%?

What a noob...

Eeeh, did you really follow the discussion? Read the full tread or stop be a rtard.
Cyan said that the lagg was due to slow data transfere, which i questioned, and waited for a respond.
And I can quote myself regarding your statement that i didnt get that emulation requires more power: /../ doesnt really matter if Wii got better specs than PSX since its emulating and that requires more /../

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have GTA to test the speed.
I didn't play from SD, so I really don't know the difference between SD and USB2.0 speed. I know SD is fast, but I don't know if the Wii read it as fast as USB2.0
I talked only about the games I tested so far. They were all fast, 50 and 60FPS, with audio slightly laggy sometime though.
Maybe some games need more power, I agree that it's not working 100% and a lot of games still have problems.

About the sound, it's better than previous beta, but still not perfect.
Some games doesn't have audio from videos (Suikoden 1), no CDDA support yet (Wipe Out, Tomb raider), and sound effect gives sometime weird result (vagrant story).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Juanmatron said:
12345 said:
wink.gif

What a noob...

actually, you should'nt make fun of others :

there is no such law as "the emulating system must be 5x powerful than the emulated one" , this was invented by retards who don't understand anything to emulation

N64 is not 100% speed emulated, depends on what the game is doing, as 12345 showed. It's because some parts of the system are slower to emulate (remember there isn't only a CPU to emulate)

if both WiiSX & Wii64 already use dynamic recompilation for CPU emulation, these are definitvely two different beasts (N64 and PS1 does not have the same CPU at all) and they are not perfect (dynamic recompilation is faster but less accurate than interpretative emulation which can lead to some bugs in games requiring "perfect" timings)

That's said, I'm sure they still have room for speed improvments (and more than just speeding file access with USB2) and will fix a lot of emulation bugs

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cyan said:
Use the USB2.0 Mod and load the games from USB, then all games works fulls speed, even more because you need a frame limiter.
except it doesnt work for every1 i tested it on my wd mypassport and it goes at liike 1fps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse