How's MH4U online experience with save editors around?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Akira, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Akira
    OP

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Just a question, I stopped playing I think almost 6 months but I am considering to play it again. But now that save editors are everywhere, Is it still fun? I mean are there a lot of people playing online with hacked equips and stuff?

Thanks in advance.

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    People can play MH4U online with save-editored characters ?

Pip'

3. Akira
    OP

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Im not really sure, that's why I am asking. So the save editor is just for offline use yeah? I don't have someone to play with me locally so I am much more into online playing.

4. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Orre
    I've edited one character once and I could play online no problem. I think it depends on how you edit the save. Powersaves I think I heard prevents you from playing online, where as APM save editor you have to decrypt the save to edit it and then re-encrypt it.

I've since deleted the character I edited, kinda went a little crazy with it and kinda took the fun out of it. If you wanna play online sometime, lets exchange FCs. I have a new character and am trying to get my HR back up.

EDIT: I reread OP and I think it really depends on how you use it. I would use it to give myself the material I needed to craft something, never changed the values of the armor or weapons or made nonlegit talismans. So maybe doing that could keep people from playing online, but when I have, I haven't noticed anyone or seen anything too crazy.

Last edited by MajinCubyan, Jan 18, 2016 - Reason: Just adding more stuff.