how would you want wii u gamecube vc implemented

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by T3GZdev, Jun 19, 2013.

?

how would you want gamecube on wii u

1. individual apps on home screen

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. virtual gamecube

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. T3GZdev
    OP

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    hi there's no gamecube vc on wii u yet tho its confirmed & coming anytime now.
    how would you want it implemented tho.

1. same as nes, snes wii u virtual console games, where the game icon is on home screen, load it up & play the game on gamepad/tv. (gamepad, wiimote, classic controller, controller pro optional controllers)

or

2. virtual gamecube, like the virtual wii but shows gamecube apps instead.
    this virtual gamecube also has memory management like the original gamecube(memory card screen) for gamecube saves. (optional controllers gamepad, controller pro, wiimote, classic controller & gamecube controller via what i said below)

also a few cool ideals nintendo could do when gamecube vs is released.
    nintendo could release a usb dongle that allows 4 gamecube controllers to be plugged in for gamecube games, or games that devs with to support gamecube controllers in the future.
    (they can also do this with n64 controllers)
    also a gamecube memory card usb dongle optional save directory for gamecube wii u saves.

2. DSTWO Guy

DSTWO Guy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    Canada
    I think the individual icon's is a good idea for all emulators

3. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Direct access is easier.

Truth be told, I would actually prefer to (optionally) be able to run Wii games straight from Wii U mode the same way you would launch a Wii U disk.

4. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    I agree, just like the other VC games. The nice thing about GC games is that some already supported Widescreen and Dolby Pro Logic so that helps keeping things a little up to date. (Like some Rare N64 games)
    However I think that if we ever get GCN VC games they will be in Wii mode since the Wii mode can run them natively...

5. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    Source for "confirmation"? The closest thing I see is from 2 years ago, and all it mentions is that some Gamecube games have been ported to Wiiware already (i.e. Wii mode):
    http://www.3dsbuzz.com/wii-u-to-feature-gamecube-downloadable-games/

6. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    I just want the Wii U to get hacked to run gamecube roms. I don't really care about VC since the game selection would be mediocre anyway.