cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
During my shell swapping i accidentally snapped off the plastic lock thing that keeps the touch screen cable in place (as shown in the red circle). However, the ribbon cable still works and I need ideas of how to lock it in place without that tiny plastic lock thing. Or tell me where I can buy the plastic lock.

iduDwgk.jpg

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
my ghetto fix would be to cut a bit of firm foam/rubber to the right size, and have it push against the cable and the back of the shell.

or if you still have the tiny bit of plastic, since it clips in, it might still clip in even if the hinge is gone.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During my shell swapping i accidentally snapped off the plastic lock thing that keeps the touch screen cable in place (as shown in the red circle). However, the ribbon cable still works and I need ideas of how to lock it in place without that tiny plastic lock thing. Or tell me where I can buy the plastic lock.

iduDwgk.jpg
This used to happen to PSP's I used to mess with my fix was a tiny piece of electrical tape to hold it in place and to put a very small piece of paper in between the housing to apply pressure but this is a super ghetto fix :P

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did this today on a 2DS..
I took the broken part and stuck it on as it would normally go..
Then i put a small drop of hot glue on the plastic part that i put back.. I immediately used my finger to flatten the glob of hot glue, and it cooled quickly

If i ever want to remove it, I'll use a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol to loosen the hot glue for easy removal.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

iduDwgk.jpg
Hot glue. Hot glue is the magic fix to anything that can be held in place without much force. And the best part is that it's easy to remove later on :)

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, just put a small blob of hot glue where the lock would normally go. Try to apply some pressure to the ribbon cable when you're applying the hot glue and while it hardens so that it makes proper contact.
Wait a minute. SO you put glue UNDER the contacts, not on the UPSIDE of the ribbon? If that's the case, I've been a huge idiot since mine's not working.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait a minute. SO you put glue UNDER the contacts, not on the UPSIDE of the ribbon? If that's the case, I've been a huge idiot since mine's not working.
I was thinking hot glue on the top, to keep the ribbon cable pressed towards the contacts, but there's no guarantee it will work. I might have slightly overstated the capabilities of hot glue :P
Hot glue might work, but it's certainly not a magic fix. So it's not really surprising that it doesn't work for you. You can remove it with rubbing alcohol and try again.

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was thinking hot glue on the top, to keep the ribbon cable pressed towards the contacts, but there's no guarantee it will work. I might have slightly overstated the capabilities of hot glue :P
Hot glue might work, but it's certainly not a magic fix. So it's not really surprising that it doesn't work for you. You can remove it with rubbing alcohol and try again.
Thanks for your effort. I just accidentally dropped the 3ds and broke the ribbon cable to the screen + battery pins. I'm gonna look for a new 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1