PS1/2 How would I transfer PS1 saves to PS2 for OPL

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I set up PS1 games on OPL, and I've 100%'d CTR and Crash 1, 2, & 3, and Spyro and I have them on my PS1 memory card, so I figured I'd just copy them to my PS2 memory card with the built in memory manager, but when I boot the games on OPL, the saves aren't there? Is there a different process I have to go through and if so what is it?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I imagine when you're saying OPL, you mean access them through OPL, but using something like Popstarter to actually boot and play them, right?

Popstarter usually stores saves on the device where the games are stored. So, for example, I have backups of my PS1 games on a USB pendrive, Popstarter will look, load and save the save files on that USB pendrive.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I imagine when you're saying OPL, you mean access them through OPL, but using something like Popstarter to actually boot and play them, right?

Popstarter usually stores saves on the device where the games are stored. So, for example, I have backups of my PS1 games on a USB pendrive, Popstarter will look, load and save the save files on that USB pendrive.
Yeah using POPStarter, booting from OPL. I'm running off HDD. Does that mean it's looking for saves in my __.POPS partition or in the VMC folder in my +OPL partition?

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't use HDD on my PS2 Slim, but an USB pendrive, so I do not know if it's any difference, but the saves are created in the same folder as the Elf / VCD are stored, each save having its own folder inside it. What Popstarter creates though are raw memory card files, no individual saves.

If you want to insert your saves into a virtual memory card save (VMC), you could try something like MyMC and insert them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0