How would I see the battery life of the play n charge kit

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by triassic911, Apr 28, 2009.

1. triassic911
    OP

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Is there an app that lets me see the life of my play and charge kit battery on the comp? I connect it to my laptop so I don't have a long cord running from my 360. Thanks.

2. FlatFrogger

Member FlatFrogger GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It should have installed software so when you press the guide button a little window pops up showing your battery life and stuff.

3. triassic911
    OP

United States
    Wow. The guide button doesn't even work on a regular wired controller for the pc, so why would a wireless controller attached by the charge cable be able to? I just want to know if there's a way to see it's charge percentage or something similar on my pc.

4. Seyiji

Member Seyiji Rawr :3

United States
    Then do what FlatFrogger said you should see a little display pop up near the bottom of the monitor like so...
    [​IMG]

If you have a wireless controller and it doesn't show maybe its because you don't have the drivers installed for your wireless receiver :\

Do you even have a wireless receiver because as far as I know you need one for the controller to be able to communicate with the computer since all the play and charge kit does is it charge your battery.

5. triassic911
    OP

United States
    I don't have a wireless gaming reciever, I just simply plug the charger into my pc with the other end on the 360 controller. I'm assuming their is no software like the one I want. Thanks for the help.

6. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't really understand what you want triassic911.
    If you plug your wireless 360 controller into your PC in order to use said controller on said PC then there's no reason you need to know what the battery life is.
    If you are trying to connect a wireless controller to your PC (which means you would need to know what the battery life is) you need a wireless receiver.
    Without a wireless receiver then you are not going to have it work.
    So, what exactly do you want?
    A piece of software that tells you what the battery life of your plugged in wireless controller is?

7. Magoo222

Member Magoo222 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Surely if you're using the wireless controller on the Xbox anyway, that will tell you the battery charge level in the same way that it would if it wasn't plugged into your PC? You're just using the laptop as a power point right?

8. FlatFrogger

United Kingdom
    For some odd reason if you charge the controller on a PC its tied to that PC even though you can't actually use it as a controller.

So if you have your 360 over the other side of the room and your laptop next to you and you charge your controller, it desyncs from the 360 to the PC. I'm not sure if this was a driver issue or an OS issue (i was using vista x64 when i noticed it), but its damn weird.

9. triassic911
    OP

United States
    Yes.

10. Magoo222

Member Magoo222 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Oh, I didn't realise that. I've just tried it on my XP machine and it didn't cause a problem. Must have been a Vista compatibility problem. Oh well, I'm sure Windows 7 will sort that out...

Anyway, to the OP, if you're running Vista and can't use the two together, you could try using a USB AC adapter. Assuming you have a power point on the side of the room away from your Xbox you'll avoid having a long cord trailing across the room, and you can see the battery charge on the Xbox Blades like normal.

11. FlatFrogger

United Kingdom
    Windows 7 practically vista, vista requires each device plugged into USB to have drivers otherwise it won't let it draw power unlike XP. So I personally wouldn't expect the issue to go away unless microsoft find some way to sort it through drivers.

12. triassic911
    OP

United States
    I'm running both xp and vista but I almost always use xp. I know you can see them on your xbox but I would prefer a more detailed version.