Gaming Homebrew How would i go about playing my old save file of Mario Galaxy 2?

WillExis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently hacked my Wii U (tiramisu on 5.5.5), and I was thinking about how I have this save of Mario Galaxy 2 from way back in the day on it (imported from my original wii). The copy i used as a kid belonged to family members who moved far away and lost contact with, so i was never able to finish it. Because the eShop is about to end card transactions soon, I was thinking of just buying it on VC and picking up from there, but i'm curious; if I got the game through something like Wii U USB Helper, would I be able to use my original save out the gate? Or would there be extra steps to make it possible? Would i have to install vWii and use a different method?

Exotical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you play the game on the original Wii? If so I don't think it would. If it was on WIi Mode, I also doubt that, I tried using SaveMii WUT to import a VC save to the Wii U equivalent VC but you can't do that I think.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by V10lator,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easiest way imo is to import the save the official way. I don't know if that has copy protection (don't think it does).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao