Homebrew How would I get a ticket from a .cia file?

Namesnipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a cartridge of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition, and I dumped it so I could install it on my 3DS since I have a giant SD card and I like keeping my physical collection at home, but when I transferred, it didn't show up as a game, so I did some reading and it turns out it doesn't show up because I don't have the tik file, so how would I get it from the cia or remove it from my SD card so I can re-install it?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a cartridge of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition, and I dumped it so I could install it on my 3DS since I have a giant SD card and I like keeping my physical collection at home, but when I transferred, it didn't show up as a game, so I did some reading and it turns out it doesn't show up because I don't have the tik file, so how would I get it from the cia or remove it from my SD card so I can re-install it?
as far as I know you don't need a ticket for playing cias ripped straight from cartridges,
read the info on the next link: https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html

Namesnipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I know you don't need a ticket for playing cias ripped straight from cartridges,
read the info on the next link: https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html
It was a converted .3ds file, so that might be it. I copied the trim, would that change anything?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(by that I mean i did it with Simple 3DS converter since I had no clue a .3ds converter was built into GodMode9 or I had a version that didn't have it)

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a converted .3ds file, so that might be it. I copied the trim, would that change anything?
I ripped both my ocarina of time cartridge and KH 3D using godmode9 to cias and they worked without issues, also, you should backup your cartridge's save file from the settings menu so when you install the cia it will trasfer the save automatically.

Namesnipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ripped both my ocarina of time cartridge and KH 3D using godmode9 to cias and they worked without issues, also, you should backup your save from the settings menu so when you install the cia it will trasfer the save automatically
I backed them up before I system transferred.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed them up before I system transferred.
Wait, you transferred your system to another 3ds?, I thought you only wanted to copy your cartridge game to your SD, if that is the case you need to hack the new 3ds if it is unhacked and install again all the non legally bought content cause the system transfer only transfers the content with valid tickets.

Namesnipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you transferred your system to another 3ds?, I thought you only wanted to copy your cartridge game to your SD, if that is the case you need to hack the new 3ds if it is unhacked and install again all the non legally bought content cause the system transfer only transfers the content with valid tickets.
Yeah. I'm 99% sure it doesn't show up since the ticket for FEF:SE doesn't exist in the eShop, or the actual game doesn't exist in the eShop, and it's a cartridge only release.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I'm 99% sure it doesn't show up since the ticket for FEF:SE doesn't exist in the eShop, or the actual game doesn't exist in the eShop, and it's a cartridge only release.
I assure you that is not the case, a lot of games don't exist in the eshop but that doesn't mean we can't install them as cias and play them, just rip your cartridge to a cia with godmode9 and install it.

Namesnipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assure you that is not the case, a lot of games don't exist in the eshop but that doesn't mean we can't install them as cias and play them, just rip your cartridge to a cia with godmode9 and install it.
I never said that, I meant that it didn't transfer because it doesn't exist in the eShop.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said that, I meant that it didn't transfer because it doesn't exist in the eShop.
Even if it existed in the eshop it would still not transfer cause is not legit content, the only things that can be transferred are legally bought content and "legit cias".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.