Hacking How would I backup PS3 games I already own, on to my PC?

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to, well...backup ps3 games I have, on to my PC. So what programs would go about helping me with that? The only thing I know, is multiman, a PKG program which only seems to work with macs.

And, I heard you can make backups of ps3 games USING your ps3, is that much more difficult, or easier? >_>

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can use multi man to install your game onto your ps3 hdd and then use a FTP program to transfer it onto your pc. You need a homebrew app to do FTP on your ps3. The name of it has went right out of my head, Looking into what it's called again.

"Q - Well then how can I transfer backups from my computer to the internal drive of the PS3?
A - You can use an FTP program to transfer over a network, or a file manager that lets you copy from a FAT32 external to the PS3's internal, in case you have problems with the FTP or it's speed is crappy. Even though it needs a FAT32 external, most updated PS3 file managers can split large files to fit on FAT32 partitions to copy over."

Quote from the ps3 sticky.

http://comgenie.com/filemanager/

Download a standard FTP program one of your choosing, that's all you need.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
A pkg file can't be installed on windows or even macs . Its should be installed on ps3 & to install it you will need to have a cfw which requires a ps3 with fw 3.55 or less .

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Does that mean

http://gbatemp.net/t...rom-dvdblu-ray/

Because I was under the impression that custom firmware made you not able to connect to PSN. I thought that was the whole point of that topic. >_> Any other way BESIDES multiman? Or any custom firmware?
Yes cfw prevent you from connecting to psn & I guess you just skimmed that thread because it clearly stated :
* This method doesn't require payloads of any kind - only CFW/MFW on your PS3
It is just meant to allow you to play backups using a cfw through discs instead of a hdd .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls